• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Togwotee first weekend of December or...

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
Me and a few friends are looking to head west and be to our destination Friday the 1st. Looking at snow coverage it looks good but does anyone have any current reports? All I hear is Cooke city, which I guess we won't mind going to either, just wanted to stay right on the mountain at the lodge.

Any info is appreciated, or better yet anyone local want to ride that would be sweeeet. Going to be 3 of us, 2 800 etec 154's and a 163 m1000 turbo. Not experts but not beginners either.

Plan on riding Fri Sat Sun, thanks again!

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
I’m looking at going up to Teton pass this weekend but I’m finding conflicting information on whether trails are technically open or not. I’ve seen on state websites that as long as there is snow you can ride on the trails. I’ve also seen somewhere else that “snowmobile season” begins dec 1. People are obviously riding somewhere cause I’m seen pics on fbook. As for togwotee, I don’t know where you’re planning on staying but according to the togwotee mountain lodge website, they don’t open until dec 15. I don’t know if that’s a hard open date or not. But if anyone has info on Teton pass, that’d be appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Nov 6, 2017
Wisco
I’m looking at going up to Teton pass this weekend but I’m finding conflicting information on whether trails are technically open or not. I’ve seen on state websites that as long as there is snow you can ride on the trails. I’ve also seen somewhere else that “snowmobile season” begins dec 1. People are obviously riding somewhere cause I’m seen pics on fbook. As for togwotee, I don’t know where you’re planning on staying but according to the togwotee mountain lodge website, they don’t open until dec 15. I don’t know if that’s a hard open date or not. But if anyone has info on Teton pass, that’d be appreciated!

There was confirmation they are riding up there and snow is good currently. Also I did have confirmation from the lodge that they open the 1st and they already have enough snow to ride there.

Let me know how it goes! We went to Colorado last year but want to try something different this year

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
There was confirmation they are riding up there and snow is good currently. Also I did have confirmation from the lodge that they open the 1st and they already have enough snow to ride there.

Let me know how it goes! We went to Colorado last year but want to try something different this year

Thanks for the reply! We actually decided to go up to Cooke City instead just based on the snotel. Drove 13 hours today and made it to Cody. I’ll update everyone on how it goes!

Last edited:

skicopper

Premium Member
Apr 10, 2014
Thanks for the reply! We actually decided to go up to Cooke City instead just based on the snotel. Drove 13 hours today and made it to Cody. I’ll update everyone on how it goes!

Posted some pics from Cooke city in the MT thread

Premium Features