• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Custom" TSS Shock Question

P
Nov 30, 2013
Im pretty sure there is more to it than just the shock. The bushings used on the fixed strut arent the same as there is now a pivot...i think haha

R

Rush44

Nov 26, 2007
Flathead Valley, MT
I've never seen anything like the TSS in terms of length... plus it's custom valved SUPER STIFF for the job it does so anything you did find would have to be modified anyways.

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
fox air shocks

last year I bought an old used set of Yamaha front shocks, FOX AIR SHOCKS , and set them up for my WR450 and Dans KTM to run on our sno bikes. Been several post on doing this.

Whats required is disassembling the shock and putting a spacer in the shock body so the shock then is the same length as your strut, and then a spacer in the air chamber to limit total travel to about 2". After a couple of months of refining this set up I found that about 3/8" longer than the strut is about right and allows for some sag. Then to really make it work you need to stiffen the dampening in the shock and after a lot of shock work I found replacing the piston with the smallest available bleed hole was the way to go. I also did a quickie job for another bike and welded the bleed hole shut on his shock and it seemed work as well.

The downside is having to pump 285 lbs into the shock to make it work.
However, never had a leak, road it too soft a couple of times and as your bike squats my FMF down turned exhaust stinger wanted to melt my gear bag and I have seen several melted gas cans. So some adjustments are in order.

This year so far in the early fluff, I am running a strut on my KTM with TS 120 . When the trails get bumpy and the snow finally sets up, I will go through my junk pile and build another shock for the KTM.

C

Corban_White

Dec 30, 2009
I did it with the rear track shock from an m8. Limiter strap to make it short enough, gear oil in the air valve to control where it bottoms. 400-450 psi. Worked great all last season. I had my friend machine me some bushings out of oilite the same dimensions as the ones in my original fit kit.

Premium Features