• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2017 Yeti 129 Close Up

Thread Rating
5.00 star(s)

summitboy

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I had the unique opportunity to catch up with the Yeti guys in St Alberta yesterday. Jaimie invited me to come have my Yeti built. I watched Derrick go to work on my 2017 Yeti 129 with a couple extra upgrades ! So big props to Yeti and a special thanks to Derrick for staying late to assemble my new ride ! Thank you !

I took some pics throughout the build to highlight some of the upgrades and technology to make the Yeti even better than it was last year. Yeti puts a lot of thought into every single part and the attention to detail is second to none. Its a passion thing in this shop and all the people involved treat it like their own. Its a great atmosphere and the shop is beautifully kept as you would expect from the look of the Yeti masterpiece !

We started with a fresh molded 129 piece of carbon goodness ! The tunnel is kicked up which gives it a mean stance and look. There were very few of these space age tunnels that broke or cracked for its first year. All self induced hits etc. Obviously people think carbon isn't as strong as say aluminum which just isn't true and Yeti has proven this all last season. Yeti always stands behind their design. Not to mention its just plain awesome !

jio02e.jpg

Bumper added next all blacked out !

330qx5s.jpg

Upgradeable Ti jackshaft. Beautiful piece !

2dkfi4m.jpg

Next the efficient 28mm wide belt drive with post machined black gears. Notice the cover is now recessed into the belt shroud as well a new compound for the shroud making it more durable. I never did break a belt last year with the 21mm.

bim2h3.jpg

nehjz7.jpg

Updated drive plates and the new updated Ti driveshaft with drivers.

s1jle1.jpg

24yv37n.jpg

New rotor for 2017

154dlie.jpg

My personal favorite ! Raptor Rezzi shocks front and rear ! I believe i was the first kit with the new rear rezzi ! I was going to steal it from Jaimie when he wasn't looking but it turns out it is a upgrade and thats the first mounted in a kit. Raptor is top notch quality and i believe Yeti made a wise choice. I wont miss the Fox dealios (never did like them on any of the machines i had them on LOL). All cross shafts are Titanium in the skid for 2017. The rails are in-house custom rails, no pop rivets here ! Beautiful stuff !

2j1sr4y.jpg

2pt8d9l.jpg

The all new Maxtrax 2 track. This track is stiffer and under load cups the snow. I think it will make a great upgrade and I've heard side by side this track climbs higher and faster than the Maxtrax 1.

2wecbcp.jpg

The finished product !

whk29u.jpg

Also here is a glimpse of the new cargo rack which will be available soon. Its also a great piece which is well thought out and stylish ! It will be available in black also i believe.

2h64nf9.jpg

There are numerous little changes that just make the kit better overall. I didn't list them all here but visit www.yetisnowmx.ca for the latest and greatest news ! I think you will be very happy with the 2017 Yeti !

Stay tuned for a ride report ! Revy has some great conditions already !

Last edited:

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Very very nice!!!! :face-icon-small-coo The cool factor is over the top! I am a bit envious especially waiting on a fit kit for my 17 TS. Share some finished pictures and a bit of a ride review.

heliwrench

Lifetime Membership
Dec 9, 2015
The tunnel looks way better with the kick up, doesn't look as much like a lobster anymore.

P

portgrinder

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton
I have the same kit except the std width belt. 65hr and counting on my original belt from last year.

It's unreal how fast you can go through the whoops with the new shocks. Scared me a couple times how fast I was coming down the mtn on the trail out.

Premium Features