• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

06' KX450f

R
Nov 30, 2007
helena, mt
Just picked up a 06' KX450f with a TS kit on it. Is there any way to lower it? Need to add a light and heated grips too. Is it worth it to add heavier clutch basket?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Just picked up a 06' KX450f with a TS kit on it. Is there any way to lower it? Need to add a light and heated grips too. Is it worth it to add heavier clutch basket?

What has already been done to the bike to make it snow happy?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Heated carb and engine cover. Just ordered a higher power stator.

Nice. Can't help you with the lowering, but i would think anything you could do to strenghthen clutch components would be beneficial. The clutch will definitely get abused way more than in dirt. Then there's the typical list:
Thermostat (if you dont have one)
Handguards and radiater guards
Skidplate
Foot pegs: fastway adventure pegs are awesome but spendy
Fork springs or airpro system possibly

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Also, I forgot about the airbox. Has it been modified in anyway? I'm not sure about your bike, but most bikes will need something done so they don't pack with snow.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
What kind of carb heater are you running? Are you saying you don't have a thermostat? You might not need one if you let your engine warm up good and are running engine jacket, maybe some radiator covers. Sounds like your bike is pretty dialed. I would still think a thermostat would be beneficial.

Both the avid and the Thermo Bob have a place to plug-in a temperature gauge also so you can see what you're running. The TTO temperature gauge can also be mounted in line in your coolant hose pretty easily and is only about 40 bucks

Last edited:
Premium Features