• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'10-'13 Yz450f SX track

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Does the SX track even work on the '10'-13 yz450f?

I was working in my garage and noticed that pipe looks like it would be in the way.

I intend on putting it on my cr500, but if that project falls through I want to still be able to use it on the other machine.

Cleaning up and making room so I can strip the 500.

Last edited:
S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
That's a bummer. I guess it means I need to get far enough through my 500 rebuild that I know I can make it work before I buy a track. Just want to get the best deal, and have been leaning towards the SX, so when it is available want to jump on it.

I did actually have the words come out of my wife's mouth "I would rather you keep your nice dirt bike for dirt, and have another one for the snow."

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
Timbersled doesn't build a fit kit for the SX. I built my own no big deal only thing snag was the chain tensioner bolt hits on the subframe. I had to run a 15 tooth front sprocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Ok, so both machines it won't just work. But you make it sound like getting the cr500 going with it isn't a big deal. So it is the adjustment bolt that is the problem? How does running a larger sprocket fix it? And is this different on different sx years?

wonderdummy

Premium Member
Dec 27, 2007
It isn't a big deal if you have a lathe or know someone with one. Yeah the adjustment bolt. I just cut it down and ran the locknut underneath the bracket. And 15th sprocket was to make the a chain fit without a halflink. Not sure about different SX years mine is an 14. And the airbox has to go which is the same as every bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

S
Feb 15, 2015
CO, western slope
Ok great, I was looking at pics of that bolt and it looked like it could be chopped. I'm assuming you could possibly make a quick change to subframe as well, but if you can handle it with the bolt should be easier.
Build is going to be a lot of work as I want to also swap out the front end since there are conventional forks on my bike, and a whole list of other things.

Premium Features