• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

snowbike owners

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So I just purchased a 505 ktm with full intensions of putting a conversion kit on it come winter, just would like to hear from some owners. I've been riding sleds all my life and all my riding buddys ride sleds, just wondering if anybody rides a bike with a group of just sleds. Just a little worried that i might not be able to keep up. Thanks for any response:beer;

off road rider

SnoWest Paid Sponsor
Premium Member
Jan 2, 2008
Kent Wa
Well... I think that depends on who you ride with, where you ride, and what you expect. My experience says NO.. I love the 2moto and bike kit conversion, but they are so much different than a sled. You will smoke a sled in the trees or on the side hills, but ripping up some large hills or running down a trail your toast.
If the group you ride with are average riders and dont flog every chance they get you should be fine.

S
Dec 5, 2007
Boise ID
I normally ride with just sleds and don't have any trouble keeping up. Both have plus and minus so I guess it depends on where and how you ride like already noted. I have both so on deeeeeep days, it's the sled. on set up or spring days, the bike. other times, take which ever flips my switch and where i'm headed. love the bike in the trees and techincal stuff, hate it on the trail rides.

the more you ride the funner it gets so yank and crank as much as you can. its tons of fun. next for me is to ride a turbo bike and see how that fells.

SNOADDICT

Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
So they're not good on trails I would have thought they would be a blast on bumps? Oh and by trails I mean the whooped out ones we get out in BC.

D

Dobber1

Nov 26, 2007
Colorado
So they're not good on trails I would have thought they would be a blast on bumps?

I wouldn't say they aren't good on trails, but they take the bumps as hard as a sled. As far as keeping up....a good bike rider will have no problem. Wait until you trust it in the corners! :eek:

A
Mar 4, 2008
The biggest problem I have, is the riding you will want to do, wont be the same as there's. Its fun to explore new areas where the sled simply won't go. I ride with a group of sleds all the time and it gets boring for me. Big open feilds with cornices when I would rather be thrashing in the trees and the tight stuff.

Premium Features