• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS geometry on a PRO RIDE ?

H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
Who's done it, I know it's out there. Is it a noticeable difference to install axys spindles onto the sled and then do a drop on the skid? Who used what, looking for options. Wife's deciding against a new sled, which doesn't hurt me none because the pros paid for. So wanna make it a little more easier.

gonehuntnpowder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Eastern Idaho
I had a avid drop and roll case on a pro. Really liked it. Sold it last year. Kind of wish I would have gone to the alternative impact front and kept riding it. Great sled.

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
Who's done it, I know it's out there. Is it a noticeable difference to install axys spindles onto the sled and then do a drop on the skid? Who used what, looking for options. Wife's deciding against a new sled, which doesn't hurt me none because the pros paid for. So wanna make it a little more easier.

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410352&highlight=drop+roll

https://www.snowest.com/forum/showthread.php?t=412239&highlight=Drop+roll

picture.php

If you go this route, make sure you purchase the Polaris line up tool for the jack shaft. If it’s no longer available I’ll let you use one of mine. When you glue the chaincase in place make sure you have all of the overstructure and any brackets installed. The chassis has a lot of flex without them, jackshaft and drive shaft will be misaligned if you don’t do this.

Last edited:
H

Hansen13

Oct 22, 2011
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
thanks guys. looking into it I might go with the avid extended chaincase and then a set of mtn side offset axys spindles for it. then next season see how the rideability of it compares to mine.

cateye5312

Premium Member
Mar 28, 2009
Grand Junction CO
I put the Alternative impact a- arms on it and Axys spindles. Not real happy with how it handles - but still playing with it. Seams to have a bunch of ski pressure
Yeah that would definitely make it ski heavy as the Axys spindles are 1" taller which is going to put alot more pressure on the skis. I did the Alternative Impact True Clearance A-arms with Pro spindles and the sled handles awesome. I'm hoping someone on here might know how to adjust the skid if you put the Axys spindles on. I might reach out to Dan at Alternative Impact and get his opinion. If I find something out I'll post it up.

Vertical Xtreme

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Boyden,Ia
I put axys spindles on my sons 2013 600 pro and then drilled the lower hole in the tunnel in front to lessen ski pressure. It really seems to allow it to tip on edge very easy without the narrow ski stance.

H
Jun 30, 2019
St Anthony, Idaho
My last years sled was a 2011 pro rmk. I sold it. It had
- axys front spindles
- mtntk drop and roll
- front and rear suspension mounts were lowered an inch.
- khaos rail profile
It felt like a axys chassis

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Im probably going to make a decision this weekend - After speaking with Nick from IceAge - the plan will be to put Khaos rails on mine and then drop the from arm into the lower hole. He thought that would make a huge difference over what I have now.

C
Dec 14, 2020
So I noticed during the preseason check one of my upper ball joints was a touch loose and managed to destroy the top of the spindle.

I have a 14 with a TKI belt drive.

Is it as simple as moving the front suspension down and going to axys spindles?

I work in the same town as alternative impact, so I was going to grab spindles from him. Just figured I'd do the 1" lift so long as there's nothing else that needs changing.

Premium Features