• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bright yellow school in Pendleton????

Dartos

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2001
Craig, CO
So I get to Pendleton today and head for the hotel. On the hill is a big yellow building. The guy at check in said it is Sunrise Middle School.

So one of you Oregonians should be able to tell me about it, there has to be a story behind a bright yellow school?????

S

sledless bdh

Nov 4, 2008
Hermiston, Oregon
I really dont know the reason they did it in that color of yellow.....its pretty god awful looking though. All I could ever think of is either deal on paint or to match the name.

Austin

A
Jan 13, 2012
Central Washington
Way back when I lived in Lexington OR that School was new. Mid 1980s I think. I had my scanner on listening to the Pendleton airport tower frequency.

A student pilot on a solo cross country flight came on saying he was lost enroute to Pendelton. He was over a town but couldn't see the airport. The Tower told him to look for a big bright yellow building on a hill. He could see that and they got him pointed toward the airport.

K
Nov 16, 2022
France
At the time it was built it was designed to be very energy efficient and the color was a "warm in winter cool in summer" thing as well as the school colors are Green and Gold so the yellow is close, I spent a few years there....

The bright yellow school in Pendleton is a true attraction. Her bright appearance attracts the eye and impresses everyone who passes by. I myself saw this school several times and could not help but pay attention to it. Although sometimes I regret that I did not send my children there, since they now ask to write my paragraph for me, they use https://edubirdie.com/write-my-paragraph-for-me for this. However, despite its attractiveness, I did not dare to send my children to study there. My decisions are based on other factors such as the educational program, the qualifications of the teachers, and the reputation of the school. Although I did not choose Bright Yellow School, I am always happy to see its vibrant presence and think that it adds a touch of life and beauty to our society.
This I didn't know

Last edited:
Premium Features