• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Volunteers: Search & Rescue

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Robert put me down.....cell 240-4254
I have 3 beacons ,5 shovels and probes and 1 ABS pack....

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
Robert put me down.....Mike hobson 240-4254
I have 3 beacons ,5 shovels and probes and 1 ABS pack....

Dec 8, 2007

You should preface your thread with trained/qualified volunteer- SAR exp ? just an idea- Outside of that, your just organizing a group that will be directed to stay in the parking lot.

Robert:
Alaska Snow Safaris: SARS Exp..WFR.. cell 830-4031

20 sleds between Portage and Anchorage
10 beacons/shovel/probes
ABS 30 packs
GPS's
SAT phones
EAM Packs
Multiple size toboggans
Backboards
Available 24/7

I do think that this is a great list to have for someone who is lost or needs help. Without getting on a soapbox, Avalance responce is all about time.

We are a resource to use in the field if somthing happens and we are near by. If possible let Trooper dispatch know ASAP and then hope that the people who are there on scene can do their best to rescue if the scene is safe to do so.

Otherwise, if it is not a hasty response and hours later, I say let the offical RESCUE/RETRIEVAL groups do what they do best and just stand by for assistance/transport.

If anyone ever needs any help, please feel free to call us anytime and we will try our best to help out in a time of need. I enjoy being awoke in the middle of the night, leaving Anchorage at 3am, driving to Petersville/Eureka/Placer/????... and riding in to look for a group who has spent the night lost in the snow.

Chris

Mag

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks Ak
I'd be glad to help anytime we're available, problem with us Fairbanks folk's is unless we're already down Cantwell area it's a 3hr drive just to get there! But it's alway's worth a shot.

Mag....(Chuck)
cell 378-0371
portable radio's/gps always on channel 10 sub 10
cb channel 19
2 beacon's/probes/shovel's

M

Modedmach1

Nov 26, 2007
Fairbanks, Alaska
As Mag said its a long drive for us to get anywhere but, I would be willing to help when & where I can.

Josh - 750-0628
Fairbanks
4 Beacons 2 probes & shovels

J

JasonAK

Dec 5, 2007
Jason Boesl

Shovel, Beacon, Probe
Search and Rescue
Firefighter Basic
632-8684

This is little bit off the subject but still could be important.
For those who are willing to help, have their gear, know how to use it, don't drink and ride and are going to Arctic Man, PM me or post it.... We are there sort of on a stand-by in case something happens.... It would be good to know there are more people available if necessary...

R
Nov 23, 2001
Sterling, AK
This is little bit off the subject but still could be important.
For those who are willing to help, have their gear, know how to use it, don't drink and ride and are going to Arctic Man, PM me or post it.... We are there sort of on a stand-by in case something happens.... It would be good to know there are more people available if necessary...

That is a great idea Dash! You should be able to find at least 1 or 2 people there that fit that description! :eek:

Kidding, it really is a good idea, but you know I wont be fit to help much unless its parking lot/beer tent rescue!:beer;

Premium Features