For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2019, 10:43 AM
Currently: wishing i could ride as good as my son!
biggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Avalanche air bags or vest for big guys?

OK so who makes the best avalanche vest or pack for big guys 300# range? I am a big man and am just wondering if any of them are better for big guys or fit a 3XL guy any better. Was looking at the bca mountain vest and snowpulse highmark pro 3.0. Any help would be great. I know the easy fix is diet but was wondering if there is one that I could use while on the diet?

Rate this post: Yes | No
The Following User Says Thank You to biggdaddy For This Useful Post:
christopher (07-13-2019)
Old 07-11-2019, 07:08 PM
Currently: Not set.
gonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond repute

I like my bca best. Lots of adjustment. Great fit.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonehuntnpowder For This Useful Post:
biggdaddy (07-13-2019), christopher (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 01:38 PM
hansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond reputehansenmac has a reputation beyond repute
Garage
Default bca vest

i Had bca float backpack and switched to a bca vest and really like it. I am small guy but i think no matter the size the vest is the way to go. Mine is the early vest that is a "one size fits all" the new ones have two sizes a larger size and a smaller size. I wish i had the smaller one . mine fits but Im 5 11 150 and i have it sinched all the way in. the backpacks put more pressure on your shoulders where the vests seem to spread it out and also they have much more protection built in. I sold my tek vest when i got my bca vest. If interested i may be interested in selling it just to get the a newer one in a smaller size.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hansenmac For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 03:56 PM
Currently: do it like you mean it
dragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond repute

It is my understanding the early vest and the small new style are the same size

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Following User Says Thank You to dragonflats For This Useful Post:
biggdaddy (07-13-2019)
Old 07-12-2019, 04:26 PM
Currently: do it like you mean it
dragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond reputedragonflats has a reputation beyond repute

To answer OP original question I have owned 4 BCA airbags two backpacks two vests I find the vests way more comfortable and less fatiguing. The vests also have pockets and pouches for radio and beacon. I normally wear large or extra-large depending upon manufacturer riding jackets. I have the new style smaller BCA vest and I have at least half of the adjustment straps left to go before they are to their fullest length.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dragonflats For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2019, 10:37 AM
Currently: wishing i could ride as good as my son!
biggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond reputebiggdaddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default I wanna war from big guys

OK so I am hoping to hear from some big guys what they are using. I like the idea of a vest but want to make sure that they definitely are going to fit a bigger guy. I have tried them on in the past and didn’t seem like it would fit comfortably at all it was just too small. I’m hoping there’s some bigger guys out there that might be running one or the other That could give some input on this first hand experience. Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to biggdaddy For This Useful Post:
christopher (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Currently: Husky Powered, Woof Woof
Thanked 16,359 Times in 7,836 Posts
christopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond reputechristopher has a reputation beyond repute
Garage

I think most of the guys that have tried both the best and the backpack have opted for the best WHEN THEY FIT.

But depending on where you carry most of your weight, the best may be a No-Go for you.

I, like the rest, migrated to the best and absolutely LOVE IT.

The Following User Says Thank You to christopher For This Useful Post:
biggdaddy (07-13-2019)
Old 07-13-2019, 08:29 PM
gonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond reputegonehuntnpowder has a reputation beyond repute

I am 240 before gear. Run between 2x and 3x gear, but I do like a loose fit. Love my BCA best. Plenty more adjustment, great fit. I haven't had a avalanche backpack before this vest, but I always hated wearing a backpack. No problem at all with the vest for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to gonehuntnpowder For This Useful Post:
biggdaddy (07-15-2019)
Old 07-22-2019, 08:55 PM
Currently: ready for snow!
snowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond reputesnowho96 has a reputation beyond repute

I am a 2xl/3xl guy have rode 2 years in mountains with the larger bca vest and it works well for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to snowho96 For This Useful Post:
biggdaddy (07-23-2019)