• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Totally Non-Biased Comparison Video"

ndC7M8

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Oct 13, 2008
Sand Hills, North Dakota
http://youtu.be/LtjsylwWboc

Christopher shared this in a waning attempt to prove that the new Viper is a great contender. The video definitely shines a positive light on M series sleds for me.

<i>Tried embedding it but kept getting error
<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LtjsylwWboc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
</i>

Last edited by a moderator:

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
The vid is as good as it gets for the Viper, we will know how good it is when we show up for a ride and instead of a bunch of Pros and a couple of Doos or vice versa....... we are shocked to discover an equal number of Vipers.
The real unbiased opions are evident every time we ride, the mountains are full of the sleds peeps spend their hard earned $$$$ to ride. Most of us would switch quickly to the sled that performs the best and is the most fun in the terrain and conditions we prefer no matter what brand it is.
The truth is, the sport is all about getting out there and having a good time. We are fortunate to have four manufacturers of mountain sleds to choose from. IMO
All four can and do provide an opportunity to achieve a high level of "fun factor"
The mountain riders have and will continue to ride the sleds that work the best and provide the most fun for them. The best working sleds will continue to be the ones we see the most often in the terrain we ride.
THE REAL UN BIASED OPINION

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Non biased HUH???

Turboed VS Non Turboed ?????? WTF .....

The snow buildup seemed biased also.. they talked how they sidehilled the two strokes and ran straight up the hill with the Yaamaha !!

Weird the unbiased Editor knows all about the Yaamaha but not much about the others .. ..

I for one have always said the motor isn't the heavy part its the rest of the Japanese Design !!! Wow that was hard to not use other terms !!

Still calling BS!!!

Solarguy

Premium Member
Jun 23, 2011
NW Montana
Non biased HUH???

Turboed VS Non Turboed ?????? WTF .....

The snow buildup seemed biased also.. they talked how they sidehilled the two strokes and ran straight up the hill with the Yaamaha !!

Weird the unbiased Editor knows all about the Yaamaha but not much about the others .. ..

I for one have always said the motor isn't the heavy part its the rest of the Japanese Design !!! Wow that was hard to not use other terms !!

Still calling BS!!!

Does it matter, we all ride the sled that works the best for us. NO manufacturers opinion (or paid rider for that matter) is non biased.
Cheers

D

dp2826

Dec 31, 2007
NW Iowa
Lol! That is hilarious.

It looks like someone packed a bunch of wet, heavy snow in the skid and piled it on top of the skis

Perk

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Boise, Idaho
this reminds me of a really crappy 80s band remake.... it
was a crap song the first time around and it didn't get any
better the second time.

we will know the viper is the real deal when people aren't
constantly trying to prove to us that it is.

Pfffffffffft

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
This is total BS!
So sick of liars.
I have ridden with all the mentioned sleds and always pay atension to snow pack on our sleds.
There is really nothing to discuss.
They all carry some snow. But no way does po carry 120+lbs.....and Yamaha carry 0!! As a matter of fact the Po carried less than the Cats an Doos every time we stopped an checked. Much to the dissointment of the Cat riders who actually believed that other BS video that was posted.

Chicken S^\t liars can't accept the fact that polaris is factually lighter.....In the shop AND on the mountain.

I have to listen to my sons buddies from school who watch these videos and want to argue that Cat an now Yami are actually lighter than Po when riding...

It's soo annoying!

mtncat1

Lifetime Membership
Oct 19, 2008
south jordan ut.
is totally amazing the pro just keep gaining wet weight in the same test cat did the pro weighed a lot less than it did in the yamaha test. funny how that works :face-icon-small-win

2014-10-12 16.15.38.jpg 2014-10-12 16.15.26.jpg

BLSDEEP

Lifetime Membership
Dec 18, 2007
Bozeman
Its also really disapointing that SnoWest supports this video.
What is Ryan Harris thinking? Its makes me second guess SnoWest.

wellfed777

Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Oregon
HEY ! this winter is bad enough we don't need those kind of videos
bringing us down :face-icon-small-dis

super weak all i remember from the video is 640 POUNDS READY TO RIDE ! HOLY COW

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

my back hurts from watching that

Last edited:

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
641 pounds, OUCH. I'm glad in Yami's world weight doesn't matter;) What is reality anyway, a bunch of facts. Who needs those when your living the Yami dream!!! I just feel sorry for those of us who live in the real world and have to ride a much lighter, better handling and more nimble sled. Poor us...

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010
is totally amazing the pro just keep gaining wet weight in the same test cat did the pro weighed a lot less than it did in the yamaha test. funny how that works :face-icon-small-win

right there is the writing on the wall. i know snow conditions can change, and thus the weight of the snow (or how much builds up), but those two screen shots say everything there is to be said about these tests.

Bocephus

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2010

right there is the writing on the wall. i know snow conditions can change, and thus the weight of the snow (or how much builds up), but those two screen shots say everything there is to be said about these tests. how can their ready to ride weights be THAT much different between the tests. that is one thing that should be consistant. i can give a little error for a different scale but....

polaris 516 to 543 = 27 lbs different between the tests
skidoo 558 to 576 = 18 lbs different between the tests

Timbre

Premium Member
Nov 1, 2008
Southwestern Idaho
That Yamaha video is such a biased joke. It makes me laugh each time i see it. The Pro gains 124 pounds???? Thats over 15 gallons of water!! No way No how that is possible. After a good day of riding i have had my sled in the garage to melt out and i doubt there was even 2 gallons of water on the floor after melting overnight. Totally a feeble attempt by Yamaha to justify their overweight sled. It smacks of desperation to me.

So, that begs the question . . . if you tell a lie so big, no one believes it . . is it still a lie? Hahahaha

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Having ridden all 4 sleds in NA and turbo form, full of gas and oil.
NA sleds were all of the 155" or there abouts length .
Turbo sleds were all 164 or so ( no 174 bus) full of fluids as well.
ALL were ridden on same day same spot ( no poaching )

It was proven weight was never a factor and snow buildup was minimal...
when riding on the MOON!
Sorry lost video in re entry and is at bottom of ocean, Yamaha out of funds for retrieval:face-icon-small-sad

G

geo

Dec 1, 2007
Kamloops B.C.
Personally I would be a very happy camper this year if I came back to the truck with a 150 lbs. of snow stuck to me and my sled.
A very happy camper.

Premium Features