• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

'12 pro front shocks

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
So my one front shock the spring tension nut is welded to the tube. I know people talk about this happening with aluminum threads but never experienced it myself. Can you buy a new tube or do I need to get a whole new shock? I want to run away from these things. So I was thinking a set of Fox floats. What's all your opinions?

M

milo303

Sep 16, 2011
Littleton
Andy Youngstrom at www.gasshockrepair.com

His prices are super fair! I send my Raptors to him every year and he's done a ton of the frozen ones like yours. He hops on the shocks right away, 24 hour turnaround max. Usually everything is done the same night that he gets the shocks and they're coming back your way the next day

He can also rebuild and revalve for your weight. We had him do my ladies walker evans and then we put the raptor tripe rate springs on them and they're a whole new shock for sure.

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
The other kicker is I leave in 2 weeks for wy so sending them out right now is probably out of the question. But maybe I would send them out and turn around and sell them. Ya if this would not have happened I was going to try all 4 raptor springs

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
Any experiences for the the Fox floats our something I could get into for around 700 rather not spend more than that.

west dreams

Premium Member
Aug 13, 2009
Becker, Mn.
I had the same thing happen to both of my front shocks, decided to not use them again. Went with a set of Float 2s from Carls Cycle, they have them for $495 with Carls Mt. valve set up. You can email Mike at mike@carlscycle.com, I had the shocks in 4 days, awesome experience from start to finish.

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
Thanks for the replies! After extensive review reading it seems the floats are either love em or hate em.... so I looked at exits x0. They are 2 weeks out, which is when I will be in Wy. So I ended up ordering Raptors. Thank god I'm not married and don't have to explain that one to my wife....

Premium Features