• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Yamaha rx-1 lightning pro turbo

M

Motoman

Dec 31, 2007
franklin, id
Extremely clean up to 350 horse power.
You can run pump gas up to about 8 lbs of boost for 230 horse. Half and Half race gas up to 15 lbs of boost for 300 horse and strait race gas for up to 20+ pounds of boost for 350+ horse. Guaranteed to beat all your 2 stroke turbo buddies even on 15-17 lbs of boost! Tons of extras. It has over $19,000 in options originally invested. This is a Donnie Williamson project sled and I have had it for 4 years.
Here is a list of the options and upgrades.
-Lightning-Pro Turbo Kit
-Up-graded to a Turbonetics Variable Vein Turbo
-Up-graded oversized carb
-Back half of Tunnel is custom/lightweight
-Slydog lightweight Skis
-Camoplast 162x15x2.5" Challenger extreme track cut down to a 2.25 inch to make it stiffer to hold up to the power and notched out in the paddles to reduce wind friction. The track has also had all the un-needed nubs cut off to lighten it up.
-Simmins Rear skid designed by Kirk Williamson. A mandatory accessory for these to keep the front end down and make it handle good in the backcountry. This was a 2400 option and well worth it
-Handlebar risers 4 inch
-Diamond S Lightweight hood
-Boss Seat
-Ice Scratchers
-Updated Paragon Secondary Clutch
-Donnie Williamson/Hi-tech Primary clutch with Heal clicker adjustable weights.
-Bullydog Boost/Pyro digital gauge with “record a run” feature so you don’t have to try and see your heat and boost while you’re climbing a hill. You can check when you get back down.
-Auxiliary Heat exchanger in rear of tunnel
-K&N cold air intake
-K&N crank case breather
-Battery relocated to under the seat helping with the balance of the sled and also keeping the battery dry.
-Jegs Heat wrap on all of Exhaust and charge tubes
-Machined extravert drivers
-MMP Big Wheel Kit with Freedom Axel and rail extensions
-Lightweight Brake rotor
-Side Mesh Vents for cooling
-Wild Horse clutch fan
-Yamaha skid plate
-Blue Yamaha Fuel cap
-Blue Yamaha Tunnel reinforcement
-Yamaha Tank bag
-Blue Yamaha snow flap-
-blue Hyperfax
-Motocross Handle bars with mountain strap and bar hooks
-Lightweight chassis, sub-frame and steering.
-I’ll also throw in my LEAD DOG head light that is wired into the dimmer switch on the sled.
It only has one carburetor to worry about so it is much easier to tune. But honestly, I have not had to mess with it at all. It is a draw-thru system which is very unique. That means the Carb is on the intake side of the turbo instead of the exhaust side. This mixes the air and fuel together inside the turbo and forces air and fuel into the motor instead of just air like all other systems. This is good because the fuel is itemized better and the air is cooled with the fuel right before it enters the motor. This eliminates the need for an intercooler and it puts the turbo right next to the motor with only a 6” charge tube, also minimizing the turbo lag.
The sled is about 70lbs lighter than stock and handles amazing for a 4-stroke.
It only has 1531 actual miles on it
It is all polished up right now and looks brand new. You can see yourself in the tunnel.
Donnie Williamson built a few of these sleds and I know a couple of them have over 5000 miles on the original motor and turbo, and one sled has almost 8000 miles and is running strong.
The bulk-head is an ’03 model. But the Motor and all the parts are all ’05 parts. Donnie built it from the ground up in ’05.

$8400 OBO

Call me any time with any questions. 208-757-1770
Thanks,
Mike

I can e-mail you more pics if you would like.

IMG_5171 1.jpg IMG_5173 2.jpg IMG_5180 3.jpg IMG_5174 4.jpg IMG_5194 5.jpg IMG_5188 6.jpg 7416 7.jpg

Last edited:
C

CSCHERER

Nov 26, 2007
I use to have one of these set ups....this works extremely well, my sled ripped...ttt...

Last edited:
Premium Features