• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

"Stuck Throttle" code 520 194 7????

L
Jan 25, 2009
To start off, my sled is a 13 pro. Twice now i have got a 520 194 7 "stuck throttle" code on my sled. Both times its happened to me were on days with really deep snow and cold/windy temperatures. It will run great all day but as soon as i shut it off and give it time to cool down, it happens. The sled starts and idles fines, but as soon as i give it any throttle, the check engine light blinks and it retards the motor. As soon as i let of the throttle, it will resume idle....Its as if the computer is fooled to think the throttle is stuck, so it retards the motor to prevent a runaway. Also, throughout the day, it will sit at high idle (3000-3500 rpms) until i thumb the throttle a bit. I am not sure if I'm getting some ice build up on the throttle lever....
As soon as i get back to the garage, 5 minutes of heat and the problem is gone....Any help would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

D

Danbot

Nov 29, 2007
Alberta, Canada
Snow, or ice buildup in your throttle lever /TSS.
The ultimate solution is an aluminum throttle block, but I have had reasonable success spraying the throttle block with wd40 before a ride, and sometimes another squirt or two through the day.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Adjust your cable make sure it's tight enough if its not it will do this all the time.

Premium Features