• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

What do you ladies ride?

girlpowder

Premium Member
Mar 9, 2009
Utah, land of the FLUFF!!!
Wider seat, wider stance, pushing those legs out and putting stress on your hips and knees.... I'd be surprised if you knees don't start hurting too (or already are?). I feel it instantly when I get on a Kitty.

My observation anyhow. :sun:

I think your on to something. :face-icon-small-dis You should have seen the wear spot I had on my ankle due to the difference in sleds. What thaaaa???? Don't say knee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not yet thank god. Just everything else. lol

BTW, my sled has a BOSS seat on it and it is shaped kind of funky. :face-icon-small-con

I'm going to ride the hubs sled today. He has a WRP on his. Little higher. That my be my solution. Then you'll hear me complaining about tripping on my seat when I hop side to side. lol

P
Oct 13, 2009
Castlegar, BC
I think once you switch chassis you need to forget what you knew and start over. I just went from a Rev XP, to an A/C M8 and it's like learning a whole new sport. Trying to make the Cat do what my Rev did just ended up in sore muscles and a lot of frustration. The Cat won't do certain things that my XP did, but I appreciate the chassis for other things that it does better.

BTW The XP was a great sled to learn on, highly recommended for a new gal to the sport. And they are light, which is a bonus for any hubby that has to dig her out :face-icon-small-win

WYsteph

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
WY
www.dxgillette.com
girlpowder, I think you would like the 2010-2011 cat seat. It is a lot narrower at the top and it isn't wider then the tunnel at the bottom. Yes, it does take a bit of adjustment learning how to ride it. Leg can just swing behind the seat not over it. Have a year on it now and I really like it.

How wide the cat boss seat was at the bottom of the seat was the first thing I noticed when I hoped on one at a dealer's show room. Didn't like it at all.

Last edited:
L

live2ride

Moderator: Premium Member
Nov 11, 2001
Gillette, WY
www.kristyharnish.com
Well, I have not rode the dragon chassis, but my thoughts GP is that the seat on the Cat is way skinnier on the top that the other sleds. Today I felt like I was trying to hold on with my legs and there was nothing there on the hubbies new Sno Pro, hence.....sore legs!! My XP seat is very wide and is more comfortable to me.

I

IowaSnowCat

Dec 1, 2007
Northwest Iowa
I rode my buddies 2011 Ski Doo Summit X and WOWOWOW! LOVED IT! That E-Tec motor is amazing, but would need to get used to the "automatic braking" when you left off the throttle. I could throw that sled anywhere with just abit of a lean. NICEY.

C
Jan 16, 2011
Idaho
dragon

2 years ago i bout a skidoo 600 and had a really hard time riding it. could carve or sidehill at all. this years i bought a 2009 dragon with the 163 track i love it. it is so much easier to ride. im not very big at 130lbs i can move it around great.

S
Jan 13, 2009
kelso washington
My gals ride 08 iqrr 144 piped, geared and head.

2010-11snow003.jpg

2010384.jpg

O

Oregongirl

Jul 25, 2002
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
My hubby told me to consider a 600 just for the weight reduction and a few gals that I rode with in Revelstoke last year told me to consider something other than A/C. One rode an dragon and one rode a summit both having switched from the M8 because they said they power out quick in the steep stuff. But they live in the mountains so....me I sled mostly on the flat (not by choice) I just love playing in powder. I love sidehill (even if it is only in the ditch next to the highway) I love carving, jumping, just riding and pushing myself. I haven't done much climbing yet (only been mountain riding twice) but love, love the powder they get there. I have no trouble keeping up with my man, but I don't last as long ;) Thanks for the posts, hopefully I can test some out soon

Soooooo.....did you get something? What??? :face-icon-small-ton

I'm heading into my third season on an '09 RMK 700 151". :heart: LOVE this sled!! :heart:

Snodawg

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Selah, WA
"Tater" (my wife) will riding an 08 700 Dragon that we just bought for her. All stock except for the stuff I am doing to it. Revalved RydeFX ski shocks, revalved Walker Evans skid shocks, install electric start, balanced primary, SLP can, and new graphix (for her B-day). It's gonna be good year. A couple of vacations planned already.

Premium Features