• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

550 iq lxt scratcher location help

A
Nov 1, 2013
I have a set of scratchers (spring type) but it doesn't look like there is any room on the frame to mount them. I have a 2012 lxt, anyone have any pics of scratchers installed on this machine, looks like there is only room for an extra wheel kit.

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
Don't know in particular on that sled but if getting rid of a set of wheels makes room, do that. Scratchers will help more than idler wheels.
Also most scratchers seem to mount up just in front of the torsion spring mount on the rail and hook over the rail around and behind the torsion spring connection.

A
Nov 1, 2013
Yeah I can see removing a wheel set and perhaps moving it to the back to make room, otherwise I could mount something up on the front skis.

I do a lot of running on hard pack and sometimes bare ice end of March. My main reason for installing these was to lube the sliders. Yes this is a fan cooled unit, just thought I would find a way to cool the sliders.

I don't ride much anyway, mostly to my ice shack on Lake Winnipeg so at best given the terrain I can only go 25 - 30 km before the bumps an ridges slow me down and beat up the tobbogan I'm pulling.

Premium Features