• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Bearcat??

L
Dec 8, 2010
I was wondering what you guys think of te bearcat my work is looking to sell a cuple and if I can get 2 of them ad te trailer for less than 1000 is it worth it?? how do they run I dont knw never been on one and was just wndering how good ofa sled they are....

Idcatman1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Ashton, Idaho
It depends on what year and which engine and what you would be doing with them. In my opinion the fan cooled 340 and 440 engines in a sled that size is way underpowered. The 550 liquid is better and a good solid engine with few problems. The Bearcats are heavy and not intended to be sporty but might be a good starter setup for family trail rides.

S
Sep 16, 2010
Bearcats are work sleds, pure and simple. Great for going ice fishing, towing a toboggan for firewood, that kind of thing. A lot of snowmobile clubs use sleds them for pulling little groomers. If you're looking for cheap sleds to get out with the family or something, they are decent.

m8magicandmystery

Lifetime Membership
Jan 20, 2008
Yukon
im a cat guy all the way...but a ski-doo skandic is a better sled in that catagory then the bearcat...

A

aktreekiller

Dec 16, 2008
Anchorage, Ak
yep

Skandic or tundra for sure on this category. My grampas 09 skandic widetrack is incredible. Freaking auto start, track wider than a sheet of plywood, goes anywhere, and will pull anything.

Premium Features