• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

How many miles on your boosted sled?

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
I am wondering how many miles you guys have on your boosted Yammys? I have an Apex with 4000 non-boosted miles and wondering if its too late to do it?

M

Menace1

Oct 23, 2008
Calgary
Turbo

I love that your finally toying with the idea of a turbo lol , get one on that thing before i get there! Comin in january.

R

relentless rider

Jan 25, 2009
in the mountians western mt
Never to late to turbo,4,000 miles on stock motor is nothing.My 2 cents is it would be a great sled to turbo,motor is broken in, and is ready for boost!There are sleds that have been on boost for over 10,000 miles and run like day one,so i wouldnt thank twice.

Last edited:
E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
Had a stock sled for 4000 miles too and then I put a McX 290 kit on it and now it has 5500 miles. When they installed the head shim the shop said the engine looked great... have fun with it.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
Well thats good to know. Its amazing that these engines run the way they do for so long. I mean its a 1 liter engine pushing 300 hp thats mind blowing.

B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
Well thats good to know. Its amazing that these engines run the way they do for so long. I mean its a 1 liter engine pushing 300 hp thats mind blowing.

Yes it is!!! I think your sled would be the perfect turbo patient!! What kit do you have your mind set on?? There is alot of new intresting stuff coming out this winter.... Should be fun.:D:D

BC.

Last edited:
B
Dec 18, 2007
We have a customer with an Apex that has over 28,000 kms running 12 to 15 lbs from day one on his MCX 260 kit. The chassis looks a little rough and has been basically written off twice now but the engine still pulls strong and doesn't burn oil. That machine impresses me every time I see it.

LL

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
Yes it is!!! I think your sled would be the perfect turbo patient!! What kit do you have your mind set on?? There is alot of new intresting stuff coming out this winter.... Should be fun.:D:D

BC.

Are you still doing the Propane Kits? Dont have any particular kit in mind, still doing some research.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
We have a customer with an Apex that has over 28,000 kms running 12 to 15 lbs from day one on his MCX 260 kit. The chassis looks a little rough and has been basically written off twice now but the engine still pulls strong and doesn't burn oil. That machine impresses me every time I see it.

LL

Thats phenomenal! I would never have guessed it would stand up that long.

B
Oct 17, 2004
Kelowna B.C.
Are you still doing the Propane Kits? Dont have any particular kit in mind, still doing some research.

Yes we are....Also will be helping promote and install the newest Turbo kit coming out of Utah as well:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win. You should check out the lateset kits fom Diamond S.:face-icon-small-hap

BC.

M

MEAT

Sep 13, 2008
Castlegar, B.C.
Yes we are....Also will be helping promote and install the newest Turbo kit coming out of Utah as well:face-icon-small-win:face-icon-small-win. You should check out the lateset kits fom Diamond S.:face-icon-small-hap

BC.

Any link to those Diamond S kits?

Premium Features