• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2-moto or Explorer? Anybody tried both?

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
And can compare? I might be looking into getting a track kit for a bike instead of the second or third sled that barely gets used anyway....

Anybody got any seat time and can tell how well these works? Both on and off trail and on the hills? What's the 'best' kit of the two, and are there any else avaliable?

thanks, Bull

J&L Snowhawk

Lifetime Membership
Jan 3, 2008
Aberdeen, SD
stores.ebay.com
Explorer

I am a dealer for the explorer kit and I'm waiting for my demo to come, they just started the production of them now and should be available in about a month. For some good hands on info contact 877snowhawk. Mike has had a proto type all summer and done alot with it. check out youtube for all kinds of video.

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
And can compare? I might be looking into getting a track kit for a bike instead of the second or third sled that barely gets used anyway....

Anybody got any seat time and can tell how well these works? Both on and off trail and on the hills? What's the 'best' kit of the two, and are there any else avaliable?

thanks, Bull

Dang Bull, you were in Boise weren't you, you should have arranged a ride. The 2moto company is in Nampa, just outside Boise. I think they can fill orders any time. www.2moto.com

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
thanks J&L. I've seen him write about it, but I was thinking I wanted some info from someone that is not a dealer for it... :p

Wade...It was back then I started thinking about it... Scott (Marwuart) said he tested the 2-moto and said it worked better than most sleds on the hills...didn' even think that I would be able to ride one myself, but maybe I should...ok...just ANOTHER reason to plan another trip this year...:D

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
I've got the bike now (WR450) Just need to decide wich of the kits to get...the Explorer is cheaper I think, but I know too little about the differences in these kits to really be able to decide...but I guess no-one else does either?

W
Nov 2, 2001
Boise, Id
My understanding is that the explorer is just now going into production. Everything built up to now is just final prototypes.

I don't think you'll go wrong with the 2moto design. Have yet to talk to anyone that wasn't impressed. The guys at 2moto have put their hearts into this project.

S

sledhed88

Dec 13, 2007
These things are awesome. id luv one for my bike. Is there a site for these explorers ones?

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
well I'm awaiting some more info from both Blaser (2-moto) and 877 Snowhawk (Explorer) Before I decide....I'd like to see more how they were built before deciding too...I might be lucky enough to have found an Explorer dealer over here, so I might be able to take a look at one..tat will be a BIG plus for me...I need to know if they will make it on a motocross track...

you can check out http://www.adboivin.com for more on the explorer...

thanks, Bull

Dec 4, 2007
pa
www.explorermoto.com shows the explorer close up

i am glad there are 2 bike kits out there shows the demand. i think both are great products, but i will say, i have been riding the only 2 prototypes in the usa all summer, and i will tell you that they are very well built and are holding up in the sand/dirt/coal banks/ shale.... this product will be avail oct 1st at the latest, and in a very short time, this product will sell it self. so dont listen to high pressure salesmen, listen to the people that ride them and the videos are worth 1000 words!!!

Mike

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Yes^
The explorer uses the stock swingarm and a lot of the stock parts on the bike.
The "driver" bolts to the swingarm where the hub would be on a bike.
It is basically a snowmobile driver, but it drives the track from the outer lugs (paddles) of the track rather than the inner drive lugs on the track.
The whole assembly is attatched at the axel as well as some tie rods to the peg mounts.
Very clean install and can be done in under 2 hours from my recolection.

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Thanks,

Looks like the Explorer has a brake, but the 2-moto does not?? I see the 2-moto will have a handlebar mounted brake, but does not yet? How do you brake with the Explorer? FOOT brake same way you do on mud? How does that work in snowy conditions?

I can't really see how the 2-moto is driven either?

Sorry for all the dumb questions, but I don'tr want to spend 3-4K and not knowing I made the right choice...

Bull

K
Jan 19, 2008
Utah
Explorer uses the stock brake and brake pedal.
I looked on 2 motos website and it lists a brake.
The 2 moto drives off of a chain and the bikes countershaft.
How it drives in the track assembly I'm not sure.

C
Dec 3, 2007
I've ridden and inspected closely the 2moto Radix. IMHO it is second to none. I was all set to buy one last season but ran into some unexpected legal fees.:eek: I will likely buy one this season as it is the most fun I have had on the snow in years! I rode it on a KTM 450 and a 540. Let's just say that there is no replacement for displacement. I would like to ride all the kits to compare, but I think the 2moto is near perfect.

Great work 2moto!

O
Nov 26, 2007
Alta, Norway
www.scooternorge.no
Thanks...I'd like to see more how the 2-moto kit really works...the last page I got of the Explorer kit really told alot, and I'd like to see one like that of the 2-moto...

I'm still waiting on some anwers from both parties before I decide...I'm ready to ride my bike all year long... :D

Premium Features