• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Save Brohm Ridge

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
Signed-- Please acknowledge if you have done it, too.

This development will ruin Brohm for sledders and Bikers in the summer.Sign the petition please.

http://savegaribaldi.org/take-action/online-petition

Done.

Those bastages are going to ruin it for everyone.

"This land was originally set aside for British Columbians to freely enjoy, however it is on the verge of being handed over to Garibaldi at Squamish Inc. This massive development proposal would cover an area roughly 1/2 the size of Squamish and include: 2 golf courses, 25 ski lifts, 98 km of new road, 500,000 sq feet of commercial space, and 5,739 new housing units (22,000 bed units)."

Scum! Leave it alone!

Last edited:
H

HighMark Adventures

Nov 26, 2007
Chilliwack
www.highmarkadventures.com
DONE!!!!!!!!!! Where are all the freaking tree hugging bleediing hearts for this one. We as snowmobilers are going about it all wrong. We need to put forth a land proposal on how we want to to destroy acres and acres of land for a snowmobiling resort with a bunch of hilcross/ snowcross/ hillclimbing courses. And huge resorts with with huge huge massive heated warehouses where at the end of the day we could just pull truck and trailers into for the night. Its a joke. They keep taking away our riding area because we are ruining it ya right .Look at what others can do. Low guy on the poll always looses. Until snowmobiling can get people lobbying for our rights in government will will always loose. Mighty dollar always wins.

Last edited:
T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Signed the petition, hope it helps. I have only been to Brohm ridge in the summer but it was to nice to turn it into condos ond shopping malls!!!
Scott

Summitseeker

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2001
British Columbia
Signed!

First Callaghan.....now Brohm! What's next!!

It would be a total shame to lose this great area for both sledding and single track dirt biking. Squamish prides itself as being the "Outdoor Capital of Canada". Well...if they take away the land that we play on...they will soon lose that banner saying.

Cat Lake has some fantastic single track riding and Brohm is a place where we have snow access from October to July and I cannnot imagine losing it.
Hopefully we can make a difference!

D
Done!
If this keeps up there will be nowhere close in the Lower mainland or VI to ride.
Saw something on the news about proposals for a ski resort somewhere on the Coquihalla. I think they are just throwing out the idea to gauge reaction, but we all know what that means with this Govt. Just a matter of time!

P
Jan 6, 2008
Squamish
Signed!
I sure don't get it. I ski up there quite a bit and I really can't see a ski hill being developed. There really isn't that much terrain good for skiing. Maybe when its all groomed and alot of the trees are clear cut to make runs. There isn't even any real alpine terrain!! Its a total and complete dud!!

J
Signed

Singned! Could you please help us here in western Wyoming by writting a letter to the Forest Service to Save the areas around Togwotee and Alpine? We all need to join together to fight for our areas. Good luck with yours!

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
Sea to Sky Corridor Land Resource Management Board meetings

There are going to be some Sea to Sky LRMB meetings and the public is invited to see what they have done.... closures, etc.
There are three meetings. Well, they're not meetings, but anyways, I know that there is one in Whistler, one in Squamish, and one in North Van.

I'll look to see where the dates and times and locations are, but I do know that the North Vancouver meeting is at the Holiday Inn in NV on Old Lilloet road, from 6:30 -9:30....

Bad Daddy.

S
Dec 21, 2007
Coquitlam, BC
Well all land closures/losses are ridiculous these days, but this one is just a complete farce! This will completely ruin things for everyone who currently lives there and moved there for the backcountry opportunities in the area, not just motorized users. It disgusts me how the BC gov't just caters to real estate development. I have seriously considered moving to Squamish from Van a couple of times but it just seems to be getting more and more yuppyish by the month. Gonna get a place in Bralorne instead. Really sad the way this crap just keeps happening in SW BC.

Rick!

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
This development will ruin Brohm for sledders and Bikers in the summer.Sign the petition please.

http://savegaribaldi.org/take-action/online-petition

Signed. I've been to Brohm three times around July 4 snowmobiling on vacation. One would assume that the developers would know the history of the place and find out it's a bit retarded to put a ski hill in such a place. Have they even been to midway? Like the one guy said, the only way to do it would be to clearcut from below the chalet to the highway. Nice. Good luck on keeping Brohm ridge open.

B
Nov 26, 2007
North Vancouver
I am hearing ads on the radio for a new development in Squamish.
They're mentioning a "new ski resort" coming for Squamish. Something tells me there are some behind-the-scenes deals going on with a certain Vancouver family.

BD

Premium Features