• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

AXYS wishould list

E
Jan 18, 2008
St. Paul, AB
Hopefully a 146 option is available. In snow check you should be able to order an assault with a narrow front end as well, you have the 144" with the wide stance.
Thinking that the 600 will now share the crank with the 800 same as the racers, makes sense and would give that segment a boost, would be equivalent to a D8 given the low weight of the sled. How about we go wild and get a bare bones sled with no suspension/track for all the builders out there like the COPO Camaros.

Also since the Polaris corporate guys are reading this I'll reiterate my thoughts that the industry has turned it's back on the younger generation, we need a 250/340 sled again. It's getting too hard to find good old sleds now.

M
Nov 16, 2011
Hopefully a 146 option is available. In snow check you should be able to order an assault with a narrow front end as well, you have the 144" with the wide stance.

Also since the Polaris corporate guys are reading this I'll reiterate my thoughts that the industry has turned it's back on the younger generation, we need a 250/340 sled again. It's getting too hard to find good old sleds now.

Absolutely. The 144 is a better trail sled, and still fine between the trees. Had a 2012 RMK 600 144, and absolutely loved it. I now have a RMK 800 155, and it isn't as good on the trail as the 144 was.

My #4 sled is a 1990 Indy Sport GT, upgraded with Gripper skis, 2 x Mikuni VM34SS carbs and a 144, 1.25" track. This sled is hilarious, and being down on power you have to think lines all the time to get anywhere. I mostly refer to it as the RMK 340, and use it all the time in the low snow season :) As a kid I would have loved to have a sled like this.

S

snowmobiler

Nov 26, 2001
they should do the plain jane axys pro 800 154 for $9000 at snowcheck.everybody else pays whatever next fall.

NytroNorm

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Stoon, SK
Now that you say Estart, Did Polaris get their electric start fixed this year?(haven't been around any 2015's yet). It was a terrible setup on the previous model years.

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010
They will offer both in 16 - Pro and Axys. Let's call it profit.

They have to offer a 3" option or they are just stupified. I'll predict a 174ish, also. Poo is not gonna let doo beat that drum alone, and they have a motor to move it stock, too. I also think it's why they went 7t drivers - design for manufacture.

Offer a spring-only, high-end shock package for the RMK, without having to go to the Assault RMK. With the track, this will really help drive sales in snocheck, and get 12/13/14, and maybe even 15 owners to move to a 16.

Put the light crank in a 600 Axys, offer both a 144 and 155 - I think this is a long shot, as it will steal sales of 800's, but they would probably sell a ton of them to 20/30 something's in the midwest, who have been beating the snot out of their non-Rush Assault Switchbacks, Assault RMKs, and Pro RMKs. Give them the dangle.

sledheader

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2013
Between a Rock and a Hard Place
I don't see poo offering anything more than a 163. I mean really, they have a chassis that will hang with the t3 package now. A 3" paddle and more hp will help it hang even more in the deep stuff than in 2015. Polaris sells "flickable" not "we have the longest track out there so you can point and shoot". In my opinion the longest track is not the direction poo is going

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
If the Pro was flickable...the Axys will prance.

LOL.

Not my line. That belongs to Sunridge Sledhead.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I don't see poo offering anything more than a 163. I mean really, they have a chassis that will hang with the t3 package now. A 3" paddle and more hp will help it hang even more in the deep stuff than in 2015. Polaris sells "flickable" not "we have the longest track out there so you can point and shoot". In my opinion the longest track is not the direction poo is going
I would like to see the Mtn Axys with a 174x2.6.... Then over to Boost-it, add a coupled skid or ARC. Done!!!!

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
They will offer both in 16 - Pro and Axys. Let's call it profit.

They have to offer a 3" option or they are just stupified. I'll predict a 174ish, also. Poo is not gonna let doo beat that drum alone, and they have a motor to move it stock, too. I also think it's why they went 7t drivers - design for manufacture.
I could see a 174", but the more I think, I kinda doubt they'll offer a 2.6" and a 3". It's obvious that Pol doesn't blindly subscribe to Doo's "bigger is better" theory, and is going their own way.

Stranger things have happened, but I bet this 2.6" won't give up anything noteworthy over a 3" of the same length. In some conditions, the X3 really isn't any better than the current 2.4.....other than on the internet. If this track is lighter, and more flexible than the X3 for better powder performance, and less detrimental to the handling....it has potential to be a better all-around track.

sledhead9825

Lifetime Membership
Nov 4, 2013
I could see a 174", but the more I think, I kinda doubt they'll offer a 2.6" and a 3". It's obvious that Pol doesn't blindly subscribe to Doo's "bigger is better" theory, and is going their own way.

Stranger things have happened, but I bet this 2.6" won't give up anything noteworthy over a 3" of the same length. In some conditions, the X3 really isn't any better than the current 2.4.....other than on the internet. If this track is lighter, and more flexible than the X3 for better powder performance, and less detrimental to the handling....it has potential to be a better all-around track.
I agree 100%, if we are lucky and get long track options.. I think they will be based on the new 2.6 track. I love my 3 inch track but it comes with some downsides. Boost-its Axys turbo build is a 174x2.5 and doesn't give up anything to a 3 inch..It climbs all the same chutes as there Turbo T3 does.

Iceman56

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007

I agree 100%, if we are lucky and get long track options.. I think they will be based on the new 2.6 track. I love my 3 inch track but it comes with some downsides. Boost-its Axys turbo build is a 174x2.5 and doesn't give up anything to a 3 inch..It climbs all the same chutes as there Turbo T3 does.

I agree with you guys the 2.6 is prolly easily gonna be the better all around track, and not gonna give up much at all in bottom less powder.

The only thing is Polaris is in the market to sell sleds and that's why I think they're probably gonna offer a 3" because everyone thinks bigger is better and there will be people that will switch to Doo just for the 3" and Polaris knows it.

goridedoo

Premium Member
Feb 8, 2010
First off... the title of this thread is really bothering me, is that an actual word? Is it just suppose to be "Wish"?

I don't see polaris coming out with 2 new tracks this year, and I really don't think there is a need for a 3", I had one on a 155 for 800 miles, and I think the 2.4 was a better all around track. I'm thinking the 2.6 will be a perfect in between track and work well in all conditions.

Here's what I see coming for Snowcheck options-

Standard
-Basically a 2015 Pro RMK
-Choice of 2 colors
-Estart or pull start
-155 or 163
-The option for a 4 year warranty

Axys RMK
-Many panel color options
-Estart or pull start
-155 or 163
-The option for a 4 year warranty

Axys RMK LE
-A choice between two color schemes each with powder coated or painted rails, tunnel, spindles, and a-arms (kind of like doo's X models)
-Estart or pull start
-155 or 163
-The choice of shorter handlebars
-The option of the upgraded GPS gauge system
-Standard with 4 years of warranty

The only way I can see two track choices is if they have an assault model with the choice of the competition or powder track like previous years. I also don't see Polaris coming out with a 174, I don't think it's necessary, and I think that Polaris will try to stay away from it as a way of saying **** you Doo, we will make our sleds better with out making them bigger- I hope that sleds get smaller and lighter over time, and a 174 is step in the wrong direction if thats the case. I really hope Poo comes out with a 144 Axys RMK, I think it would be an insanely fun sled, and be very popular among "freeriders" and guys from the midwest... But I'm not gonna get to excited about a 144 as I don't see it actually happening. I think polaris will have some options that will make it hard to refuse a snow check while at the same time keeping it simple.

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
I meant to title this thread "wish list" Someone can change it if they want!
I have to disagree with the track comments above. The 3" track DESTROYS the 2.4 in deep snow. PERIOD. Truly unbelievable difference, IMHO

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I meant to title this thread "wish list" Someone can change it if they want!
I have to disagree with the track comments above. The 3" track DESTROYS the 2.4 in deep snow. PERIOD. Truly unbelievable difference, IMHO

I like the "wishould" title.
It's suggestive.

Yeah the 2.4" has NOTHING on the 3" except that it spins faster, but that's not a benefit.

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
this thread is so said poopaganda or more so what poo could do from doo's position out front. even if the motors could make 1000 miles before a top end could they make power to turn a 174x3?

Premium Features