• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

IQR mesh vents

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
I need a little help here guys, I have an IQR that has every possible vent in the hood opened up, the headlights and speedo are gone also. I need to find some vent kits for all of these holes and they need to be a metal mesh. The pipes in this thing are actually melting the hood in spots so vinyl mesh isn't going to work. Does anyone know of any kits or metal mesh material that will work for this? Thanks for any help. Jay

Gmiller

Lifetime Membership
Feb 27, 2009
Breckenridge Colorado
I need a little help here guys, I have an IQR that has every possible vent in the hood opened up, the headlights and speedo are gone also. I need to find some vent kits for all of these holes and they need to be a metal mesh. The pipes in this thing are actually melting the hood in spots so vinyl mesh isn't going to work. Does anyone know of any kits or metal mesh material that will work for this? Thanks for any help. Jay

I used some metal mesh from one of those garbage cans, cut it in shape and riveted them in place. Two seasons with twin pipes and going strong.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Screen door mesh layered crisscross works great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
What garbage cans do you mean? Does screen door mesh come in metal? thanks for the tips.

manlye

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2009
Yes screen door mesh comes in metal usually in rolls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

lords88

Lifetime Membership
Nov 25, 2008
Use black pet screen for screen doors. Has a rubber coating and comes in a role at home depot.

Premium Features