• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Low Altitude, Additude Type Fuel Controller Numbers

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Thought id share some numbers for some of the low elevation guys...

Sled is a 2007 M8 153
Speedwerx Y
Speedwerx Pipe
MBRP Can
Snopro Intake
V-Force Reeds and Spacers

My controller is a Boss Noss but is the same as Additude or Purelogic

Green- 0 -----i havent touched this nor do i need to
Yellow-3 -----May be a tad to high but its running good so ill leave it
Red-4 -----Plugs are a Dark Tan
Red/Blue-6 -----Ran the best here

If the color isnt on there i havent done anything with it.

Feel free to post up anything that working for you. Also post Sled, mods, and controller.

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
it would give someone a place to start though...no one ever seems to give you a guess to where you should start your numbers.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
With the attitude controller your yellow blue should be set at 4-4.5 for me it works best at 4, that is the pull fuel mode and 4 is stock, to pull fuel across the map it works opposite of all the others is 4.5 compared to 4 would be pulling across the map not adding. I have my green 0, yellow 2.5, red 3, and red blue 6.5. This works the best for me after some good testing around 4000 ft, i found it was too rich and it was bogging with settings any higher, i run a 08 m8 slp pipe package with the timbersled intake, just watch the lights while hitting the throttle and if its bogging in that range that's where it needs to be adjusted.

Last edited:

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
had a slight stutter on and off of the throttle in the higher rpms but not full. if i held it for a second it wouldnt bother it but on and off repeatedly made it studder...and ideas? i dropped .5 in the mid to see if its gunna help. but i wont know till tonight.

I

Icedog

Feb 9, 2006
Grande Cache, AB
With the attitude controller your yellow blue should be set at 4-4.5 for me it works best at 4, that is the pull fuel mode and 4 is stock, to pull fuel across the map it works opposite of all the others is 4.5 compared to 4 would be pulling across the map not adding. I have my green 0, yellow 2.5, red 3, and red blue 6.5. This works the best for me after some good testing around 4000 ft, i found it was too rich and it was bogging with settings any higher, i run a 08 m8 slp pipe package with the timbersled intake, just watch the lights while hitting the throttle and if its bogging in that range that's where it needs to be adjusted.

I run the exact same sled except with a D&D Firebreather intake. I am normally at 5500-8000' The only difference is my yellow is at 2.0, and red is at 2.5. I run my yellow/blue at 4.5.

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Correct me if I am wrong here. I was under the impression that the attitude box intercepted the signal from the sensors ( air temp, throttle position and the others) and then added fuel to the injector cycle. So, what I am saying is, it shouldn't matter what elevation you are riding with your box the settings shouldn't change. Because your stock ecu is adjusting for all that ( air temp barometric pressure ) and the attitude box adds or subtracts fuel to what your stock box is saying to do. so +4 is +4 all the time.
Does that make any sense ?

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
Correct me if I am wrong here. I was under the impression that the attitude box intercepted the signal from the sensors ( air temp, throttle position and the others) and then added fuel to the injector cycle. So, what I am saying is, it shouldn't matter what elevation you are riding with your box the settings shouldn't change. Because your stock ecu is adjusting for all that ( air temp barometric pressure ) and the attitude box adds or subtracts fuel to what your stock box is saying to do. so +4 is +4 all the time.
Does that make any sense ?

from how i read it it depends on what model you have? am i right?

05M7

Jan 2, 2008
hmmm well i guess ya learn something new every day thats good to know...even though im going to check it at altitude to be safe but that would be nice to not have to mess with it changing altitude.

K
Nov 10, 2008
B.C.
Unfortunately the only true way of knowing is to have egt's, which are pretty much a must have when tuning with these boxes. Clutching will be the main issue for changes in altitude and rpm gain or loss, what's your low elevation you are talking, what rpm's are you seeing, with what weights and springs? The reason I ask is because a gain of one point in the yellow and red areas will drop rpm ( with a attitude controller ) by about 3 or 4 hundred rpm, it does on mine anyways, when adjusted proper I am seeing around 8000 from 4000-7000 ft and good throttle response in all ranges, I could pull a bit more but I am content not going too lean without egt's.

Last edited:
Premium Features