• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

07 M8 BD RG FAT?????

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
My sled runs very strong on the top end. No complaints there. The bottom end seems a little rich. Running 38 PSI fuel pressure. The problem occurs when after a short WOT then let go and get right back on it. When I get right back on it, it's like I fouled a plug or something. I have to let the sled get back to idle to clear back up before I can get on it again. This doesn't happen if I've been on the throttle for a while, only after a short burst of WOT. It seems to be happening around the 5000 RPM range. I added fuel to the 5000 range up to 10 across the board and it was considerably worse. Then I went below Boondockers recommended numbers of -2, -4, and -6 to -4, -6, -8 and put the hi at 3000 to -8. This helped considerably but it still does it. The EGTs atthe 5000 range with my numbers are at 1250ish.

Any advice.

FYI - I have the older boondocker box and running ~12 PSI of boost.

Thanks,

Mike

R
Dec 1, 2010
fuel pressure needs to be right at 42psi with a bd rg turbo. what elevation are you at? what is your OS = offset? what is your CR= crossover at? put your box in supertuner mode by pressing right and left arrows while you pull the sled over the bd box will read super tuner mode on the screen then scoll through the psiL and psiH settings and the very last # will be OS on low and CR on high make sure OS is 20 and CR is around 26 then put your box in advance mode by shutting the sled off and starting it again but this time hold down sel and left arrow while you re-start it. i just went through the same exact problem on my 2007 BD RG turbo. look at your stats mode and see what you DCin and out #'s are also the DC out # should be low 90's. hopefully this helps so far its cleaned that fall on your face problem i had coming off boost then going back into the throttle.

R
Dec 1, 2010
the 7 flashes is probably a 3 then a 4 which is a bad exhaust sensor...just had the same deal happen to mine dont let the cat shop charge you 150 in diagnostics labor the other if its a true 7 flashes is a tps sensor gone bad...my $$ is the exhaust temp sensor $ 127.00 fix id just replace it and im sure your deal is fixed..

M

mblanken881

Nov 27, 2007
Sioux City, IA
the 7 flashes is probably a 3 then a 4 which is a bad exhaust sensor...just had the same deal happen to mine dont let the cat shop charge you 150 in diagnostics labor the other if its a true 7 flashes is a tps sensor gone bad...my $$ is the exhaust temp sensor $ 127.00 fix id just replace it and im sure your deal is fixed..

I checked it multiple times over the weekend. It was 1 flash followed by a pause then followed by 7 flashes. A buddies sled had the cheat sheet under the hood it said it was the TPS. I think it might be related to my throttle cable not being adjusted correctly. It's a little tight and I'm not feeling the 'click' like a used to. I need to readjust that and see what happens.

H

Hairy Mark

Nov 21, 2007
kettle falls
I checked it multiple times over the weekend. It was 1 flash followed by a pause then followed by 7 flashes. A buddies sled had the cheat sheet under the hood it said it was the TPS. I think it might be related to my throttle cable not being adjusted correctly. It's a little tight and I'm not feeling the 'click' like a used to. I need to readjust that and see what happens.

im pretty sure that the 1-7 is the pipe sensor on that year of sled.

Premium Features