• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Neck Brace

B
Nov 26, 2007
10 years ago I was in a bad accident and broke my back and neck, plus a lot more. To take the weight of the helmet off my neck I wear a horse shoe collar. I'm wondering what others are using and if they have fogging issues due to the blocked airflow. I appreciate any input, thanks in advance.

thefullmonte

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Rapid City
Leatt is a good suggestion as well as Alpinestars. Omega has a brace as well. These are working wonders in the MX industry. One problem they face in the snowmobile world is the proper fitment of the device. All brands want the brace next to your body front and back. Not over your tech vest or on the outside of your jacket. This is due to your vest and/or jacket moving around and lifting the brace off of you. This changes the braces ability to properly disperse energy. You can get them on, but your jacket can't zip all the way up. If you can find a way to make it work please keep us posted.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Just found a deal on a leatt brace today... drove to the city to buy it tonight. Stoked to get a Leatt for $130!!

Took a bit to get it set up to fit the way I wanted to, and it's a bit odd to put on with the kind of roost guard I've got, but once I got it on, it works great!!

If you get one, spend some time playing with settings & fitting it differently, it's worth the effort.

Premium Features