• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Installation of twisted turbo help please !

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
Just received this kit today and there's no detailed instructions. Have any of you installed this kit?? If anyone can help with what I need to remove to install the kit or suggestions that would help me a ton before I just tear into it. Thanks.

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
These are the directions I received from Twisted but I Just wanted to get an Idea of all the parts I need to remove to get ot the mount/stop location.

8. INSTALL AN ADDITIONAL FRONT MOTOR MOUNT PROVIDED ON THE OPPOSITE SIDE OF THE
EXISTING STOCK MOUNT. FIRST REMOVE TOP BOLT FROM EXISTING STOCK MOTOR MOUNT
AND REPLACE WITH HEX BOLT PROVIDED, USE REMOVED BOLT IN THE BOTTOM HOLE OF THE
NEW MOUNT.
9. INSTALL TORQUE STOP PROVIDED BY DRILLING 3/8 HOLE INTO BULK HEAD POSITIONING IT SO
THE RUBBER STOP LINES UP BESIDE WHERE STATOR WIRES EXIT CASES. IF WHERE THE RUBBER
STOP MEETS THE CASES IS NOT SMOOTH, FILE OR GRIND CASE FOR A FLAT FIT.

S

sledfreak89

Apr 30, 2009
Milford, MI
I dont have an answer for you, but for the money im sure you spent on it, i would demand some detailed instructions for it...

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Sledstormed,

If you PM me your e-mail address, I'll e-mail you directions for his M-1000 Extreme kit, not sure what kit you have, to you in PDF adobe format. I installed his kit on an 08 M-1000. Mostly straightforward directions. I found a few things I needed to tweek to suit me, but I'm not going to get into that on the form. :)

Mitch

Last edited:

sledstormed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Idaho
Thanks guys, I got it installed this weekend. The only major hurdle I ran into was reconnecting the coolent lines on the bottom on the throttle bodies. What's the easiest way to do this??

H

hatchers

Nov 26, 2007
North Utah
www.snowestonline.com
Thanks guys, I got it installed this weekend. The only major hurdle I ran into was reconnecting the coolent lines on the bottom on the throttle bodies. What's the easiest way to do this??

hold on cowboy, leaving this pointless coolant line connected to the throttle bodies will hender (maintenance/inspections/reed changing) in the future. Simple disconnect both to/from lines on the throttle bodies and connect them back to together under the engine, home depot will sell a simple brass coupler in the plumbing section....this fitting will have three barbs on each side, you may also need to shorten this coolant line as its now a bit shorter then it was

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana

I'm hoping you just rerouted the coolant lines to the turbo with the supplied hoses and hardware. No need to route them through the throttle bodies. The coolant lines originally routed to the throttle bodies are now used to cool the turbo housing.

Premium Features