• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Protest BBQ against skiers

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
Note...
This is a new post that has been started that keeps the original thread on loud exhausts from drifting off topic. Mountainhorse

what do they do that we can try to shut down? maby they would feel the same way if the organic crap they use was cancelled out for being to detrimental to our environment. or the big city they live in destroying the atmosphere and neds to be domed. bubble people, then they would neve be able to come to the mountain

Ok so think about this if many of use were to hold a bbq at a favorite skier place that was off limits to sleds hog all the skier parking and make them walk a mile or so to the trailhead it becomes a form of protest, not violent, well our side anyway, they will be pizzed, throwing tofu at us and $hit.

Last edited by a moderator:

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
ranchester, wy - nashua, mn
are there such places?

let do it, that sound like a wasted year but almost woth it. would have to pull the longest trailers as possible to take up as many spots as we could just to go bird watch? or somthing. dont those hippie chicks give it up easy? that could keep us occupied

O

Ollie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 16, 2004
Colorado
Ok so think about this if many of use were to hold a bbq at a favorite skier place that was off limits to sleds hog all the skier parking and make them walk a mile or so to the trailhead it becomes a form of protest, not violent, well our side anyway, they will be pizzed, throwing tofu at us and $hit.

Sounds like fun.
We should do it at Aspen or Vail.
Get there REAL early and just have a massive BBQ. No sleds, no trailers, just BBQs and LOTS of trucks and people.
We'll have a big ol snowball fight.
Maybe set up a couple beacon practice runs and stuff like that.

That would SERIOUSLY pizz em off.
We would need to do some homework and find their most popular areas so we could actually shut em down in a way they will remember.

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
Sounds like fun.
Get there REAL early and just have a massive BBQ. No sleds, no trailers, just BBQs and LOTS of trucks and people.

That would SERIOUSLY pizz em off.
We would need to do some homework and find their most popular areas so we could actually shut em down in a way they will remember.

I think that's a great idea, it might get a point across that other statements don't seem to. I think you'd want to show up with trucks with sleds & trailers just to make it obvious, Don't unload them, but have them along, otherwise the point would likely be missed.

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
sabotage

maby we could all bring cross county skis a vandilize a bunch of stuff. dress in neon, drinkin wine and being all pompus and "goday siar, hmm yess" chum chum chru

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
hummm...how bout bringing in a pig, butchering it and BBQ it on a spit over a open pit... (kidding) but it would have quite a effect......:eek::eek::eek:

E

Ex-Member

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Mar 14, 2007
oh hell yeah, count me in on this one.

Just fire a few sleds up in the trucks, don't unload or ride, just let 'em idle for 2-3minutes at a time.

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
yeah, gotta keep things cycled through em.. keep a NICE haze over the lot. builds character.. heck, run soe with race gas.. smells yummy then

I would be down for something like that here as i KNOW where they all congregate, the lot aint very big, you throw 3-4 decent truck trailer combos in it and NOBODY is gonna be able to park for like 10 miles down the road.. that could cause quite the pissing match!

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Is your purpose to incite a riot or to make a protest like was originally posted.. are you trying to paint snowmobilers as bad people to all, prove that they smoke at levels that you would find it difficult to see and provide more press coverage AGAINST sledders than we already have?

Why would you want to make more people that dont have an opinion about snowmobilers against you?

I agree that a protest could be good... a riot or showing the PUBLIC at large that you are exactly what the extremists say you are would be bad, IMO.

Or do it like Anti-Hero and Ollie suggest...
Ok so think about this if many of use were to hold a bbq at a favorite skier place that was off limits to sleds hog all the skier parking and make them walk a mile or so to the trailhead it becomes a form of protest, not violent, well our side anyway, they will be pizzed, throwing tofu at us

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Here is an example of one of the "Public at large" I'm talking about... Is this the kind of guy you want to anger?

There is one gentleman in my community that shoots skeet...actually he is the president of the skeet/trap/sporting-clays club... An active member of the NRA worked on Bush’s campaign and has 3 boats, 2 pickups, hot rods, a Harley etc... He also likes to go "skinny skiing" with his wife & 3 kids. He HATES snowmobilers because of the rude treatment that he has run into from SOME snowmbilers on a regular basis. He is a good guy, is an ANTI sierra club activist.... but if a proposal that he could vote on for the closure of access to trails came up... he would most likely vote for the closure. THESE are the type of people that will decide our fate as sledders ... and not only some extremist.

He admits that it is just some "bad apples" and not all snowmobilers that he felt were rude, but it took a lot of convincing on my part to change his mind.

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009
Maybe on the apex i could install a deck and speaker and play the greatful dead, maybe then they would like us?

We should do a group buy on tie dye Klim jackets, not shower for a month and tell them the liberals sponshured this protest!

joshkoltes

Lifetime Membership
Dec 16, 2007
low key?

maby it would be best to make them assume that we have nothing to do with sleds? just to rub them the rong way as somebody completely different. we could all act as we were ???? astronomers. bring some telescopes, and eye patches arrr!

A

Anti-Hero

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Dec 6, 2001
Longmont, Colorado
ok i got it now leave the sleds at home and bring one old Junker sled up and a baseball bat, a buck a swing proceeds go to BRC to protect our forests, like a buck a swing. The dumb SOB's would fund our cause without even knowing it!!

G

Grizzly Adams

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Jan 2, 2009
We could call our cause "People for the Ethical Treatment of Ski Wax"

Aka... Pet SW

Need a new BBQ that seats 12 stinky sliders!

S

suitcase

Nov 9, 2008
In the great part of OR.
LMAO!!!:beer; They would be very but hert over something like that, and would probaly want use to leave, call the sherif, we would be way out of line, When and where I'm in what do you need me to bring, beef , deer elk, pig, bear, cat, heck I'll bring it all.:beer;:beer;:D

Premium Features