• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Building Sled Deck???????

kinger9

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2009
www.piergenius.com
I"m confused on your sled decks on the adventure model, is it just a deck that sits in the back of the truck since it does not "bolt" in, is the ramp too steep to get a sled on it if you have a shortie vs a long track? $895 seems decent just not sure how it locks to drive the sled on and then what happens after you lift the rear up and slide it in.

H

Holomis International

Nov 29, 2008
www.holomis.com
Full lotus sled decks

Hello Kinger

The adventure works really well. Basically the unit has roller under it and then it has an angle aluminum which sits against your truck once you roll it out.

So basically you roll it out tilt it down, the angle then butt's up against the tailgate. You then ride your machine on, short track or long track work equally well. Then you set your park brake. Get off the machine, go to the back of the unit and pivot it up and push it forward. Once in place you strap the back of your machine forward as you would do if you just had your sled in the truck. Then away you go.

Really simple and works awesome!!!

Thanks

FLM Staff
www.full-lotus.com
info@full-lotus.com

L

luv2sledmt

Dec 15, 2008
C. Falls, MT
Anyone use 1x1 steel? 1x2? what wall thickness? .95 or .120

I did. 1x1 .120 wall thickness, couple center supports and 3/4" pressure treated plywood for decking. Works great for me! And one benefit, I can lift the thing on with one buddy. I dont have to throw a party to get enough people over to lift the deck on.:beer;:beer;

P
Dec 7, 2007
Mill Creek, WA
build one!

I built mine. It works good for me. I had a GMC short box when I built it, and now I am back in a Dodge (short bed as well) so I had to mod it just a bit to fit the different dodge bed. When I built mine, I decided to go with aluminum, with plywood deck, and one-piece alum ramp. I bought the materials in Feb of '07, and with prices what they were then, I paid about $1300 for the aluminum, wood, lights, wiring, switches, plugs, turnbuckles and chain. I used LED lights, and internal chains with turnbuckles, I have some load/unload scene lights on top (nice when it's dark) and it's worked really well.

the other benefits to building one, is you can make it the way you want. I can put all kinds of storage under the deck, (rubbermaid totes with our gear in them) plus it's tall enough to put full size fuel jugs (with fill spout attached) as well. I have raised railings on the side (raised about 5"), but no sheet metal (I can easily shove snow off after riding all day) and two dudes can easily put in on or take it off.

If you want, I'll be happy to send some pics, just send me a PM with your e-mail in them, the file sizes are quite large, so it's better to use e-mail. I can also take some time and draw out what I built. I have some schematic sketches on paper somewhere, but they are pretty ratty. I would be willing to re-draw them, and fax to someone if you want.

PE

S
Jan 27, 2008
illinois
If you build one out of aluminum don't use treated plywood. The chemicals they put in the wood are very corrosive and will eat through the aluminum. It will also eat through scews unless you use stainless.

Premium Features