• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Matéflex II floor covering?

WCP1120

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2017
MN
Matéflex II floor covering?

Anyone have experience with or thoughts about this stuff?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/BiH9ESV57K8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Modular perforated floor tiles...

I'm getting ready to install a similar floor in a new Charmac inline trailer. After seeing the same video on Charmac's web site, I researched the options on the different flooring before deciding on similar modular perforated tile. My plan is to build a multi-sport trailer for use with our sleds and our bikes. After looking at all of the different options available, I decided to eliminate the black rubber diamond plate flooring and go with the modular perforated tiles so I wouldn't have to worry about rips and tears in the rubber floor or adding the ski glides. I'm hoping the floor tiles will help protect the Drymax floor but yet still allow the water to drain out towards the back of the trailer as Keith mentions. I will let you know how it's going as I make some progress.:face-icon-small-con

There was someone else on here trying to sell what looks to be a similar product offering package deals... but they never followed up on their threads so every single one has died a slow death...:face-icon-small-sad

WCP1120

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2017
MN
Yea I saw a few of those post from that guy. What kind of pricing were you coming up with for the other brands? The mateflex II was 4-6 bucks a square depending on the vendor.

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
Why not share the pricing info on this thread? I'm sure there are others wanting to know. Myself included!

Brown Dog ADV

Premium Member
Jan 7, 2015
Bend, OR
Mylec DekMat

Why not share the pricing info on this thread? I'm sure there are others wanting to know. Myself included!
I didn't seem as if there was much interest so I didn't think it warranted the bandwidth...

The flooring I'm using is the Mylec DekMat 3"x12" modular perforated tiles that snap together into any configuration you need. http://www.mylec.com/dekmat/

I found what I feel is a great deal on used black Mylec DekMat modular tiles in great condition on fleabay. My theory was that the very first time I rode my sleds into this trailer the new flooring material would be considered "used" at that point. With this in mind, I had a hard time justifying the additional cost of the new material that I knew was going to get torn up over time... And I was able to get enough additional flooring material, in addition to the matching edging and corners, for use as needed in case the floor needs to be repaired in spots as I use it...

The fleabay listing is still posted at http://www.ebay.com/itm/interlockin...736257?hash=item36115ff8c1:g:E4gAAOSwv0tVUPwj I had a good experience with the seller and would buy from him again.

rabidsnowmobiler

Lifetime Membership
May 27, 2011
Anyone have experience with the Mateflex in their trailer? Bought a new trailer and I'm looking for options for the floor. I like the idea of the Mateflex vs. superglides as I carry both mountain and trail sleds and my trailer is a 7' inline so I need coverage for many possible ski paths through the trailer.

Premium Features