• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Perc kit from 03 700 Install ?

H
Dec 3, 2009
i just installed mine on an 01xc800 i bought the kit for an 03 and had to do the following.

CDI reprogramed for the stock 14 degree flywheel
Voltage regulator was wired differently. i took the 2 brown ground wires from the voltage regulator and put male connector on the end. i also put a mail connector or the yellow wire. then i pushed both of these into the 03 harness in the yellow and brown positions.

next i had to extend one wire for the reverse. i think it was the black wire it was connected to a 2 prong plug i cut the end near the plug pulled all the slack out of the harness and just extended that one wire.

next i had to extend the oil sender lines. They where all very easy to do. i just fired up the sled this weekend and everything works great.

NO PAWL NO Oil PUMP Just dont pull the handle while in reverse.

N

north-land

Dec 14, 2007
Anchorage, Alaska
Hank, how did you do this? "CDI reprogramed for the stock 14 degree flywheel"

The 2003 Perc kit I put on my 2002 came with a new CDI. I believe I've got the 14 degree flywheel also but I did not do any timing or CDI changes. Did I miss something?

thanks,

Last edited:
R
Dec 12, 2009
Buckeye State
New clutch was included. I had to put together w/o proper tools. Used mx bars to compress it. Worked after a few attempts. I have a new cdi, harness,complete wiring harness , thumb switch on handlebars.
When it works it is so fast on the reversal mode. Just started engine break in. Started on second pull. I must have done something right.

Premium Features