• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Another Edge Project *Pics*

E
Feb 22, 2009
Back to the Mod Shop

Traveled all the way down to Sicamous B.C. on thursday night to test her out in the steep and deep and then had intentions of riding Revelstoke on Saterday/Sunday. I got towed out by a Skidoo late Friday afternoon. Engine siezed up after I got everything working perfect. Havn't had time to rip it down yet, but I'm suspecting it was a touch too lean for the altitude we were riding. Siezed up after making a long pull back up from playing down on a lake. Made the pull fine, waited for the rest of the group to make the pull and then proceeded on our way. Siezed up at about 1/4 throttle on flat ground?? WTF!! I am glad it decided to go their and not at the bottom otherwise it would have been a chopper ride out. Looks like I'll be down again for the rest of the month. 4th ride on a complete rebuild!! PMO DOH, If it's the crank again I'll be going to the darkside, so lets hope it will just be a top end. :confused::mad::(:eek:

I

IceCap

Nov 27, 2007
B.C.
Sorry to here about your engine. Did you rip the engine apart to see what's going on?
I did a 2003 800 RMK 151" and put a 2006 159" X 2.4" x 2.52 pitch track on it.
I changed out the stock 9 tooth drivers to 8 tooth evolute drivers ( 4 of them) so now I drive all the track nubs.
With these drivers ( a reduction in gearing of 10-12 %) and my chain case gearing was allready slightly dropped from 21-41 to 20-41 the clutching was left alone.

This thing was amazing on a deep day 2.5 ft of fresh.
I felt sorry for all the new 800s that were there that day.

raptobob

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2008
Idaho
Traveled all the way down to Sicamous B.C. on thursday night to test her out in the steep and deep and then had intentions of riding Revelstoke on Saterday/Sunday. I got towed out by a Skidoo late Friday afternoon. Engine siezed up after I got everything working perfect. Havn't had time to rip it down yet, but I'm suspecting it was a touch too lean for the altitude we were riding. Siezed up after making a long pull back up from playing down on a lake. Made the pull fine, waited for the rest of the group to make the pull and then proceeded on our way. Siezed up at about 1/4 throttle on flat ground?? WTF!! I am glad it decided to go their and not at the bottom otherwise it would have been a chopper ride out. Looks like I'll be down again for the rest of the month. 4th ride on a complete rebuild!! PMO DOH, If it's the crank again I'll be going to the darkside, so lets hope it will just be a top end. :confused::mad::(:eek:

What temp/elevation/jets? Just curious what you were running. I am always messing with jetting and always wonder how far off you can be before it melts down. Sorry to hear of your troubles.

C

Clarke673

Somewhere between too dumb to quit and flat earth
Dec 2, 2007
Gardiner Montana

That sucks! If it is i have a top end for sale in the swapmeet.

Premium Features