• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Trouble shooting a sound like ratcheting???

D
Dec 15, 2007
Washington State
I had the same problem with my sled. The drivers were a little folded over. I went with anti ratchet drivers. Its a bit more work because you need to cut the rail tips but well worth it in my opinion.

skibreeze

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2005
Colorado Springs
Suspension arms look perfect. No broken welds. They do not appear bent. I measured them a few different ways and they are the same. The rails show no bends @ all. I ran a straight edge down the side and bottoms.

No uneven wear on the hifax. Rail tips are still on and show no damage @ all. They have not hit the drivers.

My latest theory! The previous owner must have put the damaged drivers back in when he put the 159x2 1/4 track. The track is only clipped every third, so could the previously damaged drivers ratchet under extreme torque? I will replace the bearings and plan on taking the drive shaft to Pierre's tomorrow and get their opinion. I have another set of stock drivers that I will press on just in case.

Thanks for the reply's.

I don't see how the clipped every third would play into the stock drivers at all, they drive off of the inner rubber cogs, not the windows.

S
Jul 7, 2001
Kent WA
We will find out soon.:confused:

Reputable dealer (Pierres) looked @ shaft, bearing, drivers. No reason to replace drivers, bearing not real bad, but replace. Re install and tighten track to spec.

BTW, the speedo did not work which made the previous reply's spot on for the problem, but, there was no piece of broken speedo in either the gear or shaft. Back to the original owner. With that missing, the sled has less miles on it!!!:(

Test will be soon, since we have some snow!!!

R
Nov 27, 2007
Newport, WA
We will find out soon.:confused:

Reputable dealer (Pierres) looked @ shaft, bearing, drivers. No reason to replace drivers, bearing not real bad, but replace. Re install and tighten track to spec.

BTW, the speedo did not work which made the previous reply's spot on for the problem, but, there was no piece of broken speedo in either the gear or shaft. Back to the original owner. With that missing, the sled has less miles on it!!!:(

Test will be soon, since we have some snow!!!

The part that breaks is just a small square key, just like the inner cable in the speedo cable. Not much to see when it breaks... if you didn't find a chunk of it wedged in the end of the driveshaft the PO probably removed it to keep the miles off :eek:

Premium Features