• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Best mods to a 02 Mountain Cat

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
drop and roll chain case OR even cheaper but gets the same effect 10 in drivers. to get the attack angle of the track down.

U

untouchable

Nov 27, 2007
Neihart, Montana
Have you guys ever moved the bolt by the foot holes. I have heard that it makes your sled ride more off the front end but not sure

Yes sir, helps a lot with the transfer.

As ACMtnCat said, snow eliminators and a Boss seat help with rider ergonomics. Performance wise, I'd say: a pipe/can, and gear it down. As far as getting the getting the front end up more, long track it to a 151" or a 159". That 144 will work great on trails, but in the soft powder its going to trench no matter what you do.

greeneman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 9, 2001
Fairbanks Alaska
Good luck

I had great results with this. When going from 144 to 151 Roll chain case Fabcraft has easy to follow kit, sit skid back 3 to 3.5 inches vanamburg drop brackets in the rear , 10 tooth drivers and 8inch rear wheel in the back. It was a fun project and the sled was able to run with the 03 900s after that.

arcticcatwill

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Lewiston, id
I have the same sled to the T. One must is a D&D racing Y-pipe, pipe, and can. Also you can run V-force reeds, this is a easy way to gain bottom end. I've got a 159'' under mine, it will go anywhere. I run 19-39 gearing with 9 tooth drivers. I also have
1m front suspention with 1999 powder special ski, same thing as the parabolic just w/o the cut out perform great at a great price. Mine will beat just about any sled on the mountain, any year any size.

will

Z

zr600

Oct 26, 2001
Bismarck ND
Like said above 1m front susp, 10tooth driver mod, or drop and roll, dd pipe y pipe can, rkt head, wild child front mount steering post. It all depends on how much you want to spend.

C

cobbycat

ACCOUNT CLOSED
May 15, 2008
salmon arm, b.c.
I have the same sled to the T. One must is a D&D racing Y-pipe, pipe, and can. Also you can run V-force reeds, this is a easy way to gain bottom end. I've got a 159'' under mine, it will go anywhere. I run 19-39 gearing with 9 tooth drivers. I also have
1m front suspention with 1999 powder special ski, same thing as the parabolic just w/o the cut out perform great at a great price. Mine will beat just about any sled on the mountain, any year any size.

will

what mountain in the flatlands do you ride? my friend has the same sled and my 14 year old daughter kicks his *** on her 700

Premium Features