• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

New arctic cat Tunnel shovel bag

zomowiec

Lifetime Membership
Jan 15, 2009
Does anybody has the new style shovel bag from Arctic cat. Thinking of getting the medium size, but the dealer needs to order it so i cant really see it befor i buy,
What do u guys think of it?

Screenshot_20181113-180939_Chrome.jpg

W

whittaker727

Nov 26, 2007
Naples, Id
Unless it’s a “spare” shovel, don’t keep it on your tunnel. Won’t do you a bit of good in an avalanche scenario when you are separated from your sled and need to dig your buddy out, or unbury your sled.

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Does anybody has the new style shovel bag from Arctic cat. Thinking of getting the medium size, but the dealer needs to order it so i cant really see it befor i buy,
What do u guys think of it?

I have one, medium. I’m going to sell, will make you a good deal. It’s a great bag but just not big enough for my needs. I use a BCA Avi Vest, not much storage so I need a bigger tunnel bag. Otherwise I really like the bag a lot. Bummed I have to go a different direction.

CO 2.0

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Fort Collins, CO
Cat messed up discontinuing the bag from last year. Problem with the new bags is the zipper is near the bottom with a tall top cap. So the way I pack my bags full of gear, stuff will fall off the sled when opening. Old bags the zipper is on top.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Unless it’s a “spare” shovel, don’t keep it on your tunnel. Won’t do you a bit of good in an avalanche scenario when you are separated from your sled and need to dig your buddy out, or unbury your sled.

So tired of this kind of preaching. Nobody asked about where to carry your shovel. Mine BTW, rides on the tunnel.

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Hey “big 10inch” have you ever been in an avalanche situation? Because judging by your response I think no. Until you have been involved in one then a suggest you keep your inexperienced wanta be badass comments to yourself. Thanks

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
I have the older version of this bag and love it!! have the B1 shovel it was meant to have. I ride with a D7 shovel as a must with my life essential gear on my avi pack and this is my second shovel.
Going a bit off track as my avi bag has the following:
1, 7" corona saw
2, bivi sack
3, fire starting equipment in a vac bag
4, snickers bars...many
5, firsts aid set up
6, extra socks, shirt and gloves
7, sat com equipment
My tunnel bag has the following:
1,extra shovel
2, extra saw 10"( these are the ones I use so I don't have to take off my back pack)
3, all tools, belts and other equipment to keep my back pack light.

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
Ignorant would be buying into the hype.... How long have you been riding in the mountains?

I just get soooooo tired of you fear mongers. There was just so much wrong with the comment we could start a whole new thread. Not about being a badass, not sure how you came up with that. It is ALL about situational awareness. I simply do not get myself or my riding buddies into avalanche situations. It isn't nearly as difficult as some of you seem to think. We have NEVER had to dig ANYONE out of an AVY in more than 15 years of riding extreme mtn terrain. My shovel is bigger than yours and I can deploy it more quickly than the one in your pack. Pretty simple son...

Oh, and I have the older version, came on my '17 MC. I like the bag but it only holds a very small shovel. I bungee my scoop shovel over the top of it.

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
Ok - everyone take a deep breathe and back away from the keyboards....I promise snow is coming! ?

Use the energy to dance.........

BlueDevil

Premium Member
Oct 19, 2013
Even as a so called “boy” I’m still twice the man you will ever be. And yes I’m not a fan of the new tunnel bag either. I went with the single smaller one and I keep my shovel and probe on my person

Big10inch

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 11, 2018
That's funny... Completely baseless, but funny.

summ8rmk

Most handsome
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 16, 2008
yakima, wa.
a0d0a6524be7c78b914c76390e98c505.jpg

Premium Features