• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Removable Snow Flap for AXYS?

FriscoProx

Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Has anyone out there tried fabbing up a removable snowflap (like Doo's) for the AXYS?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
I just take them off, aside from late season riding I have no problems with cooling and its so much nicer not having them getting in the way when stuck.

N
Dec 24, 2017
I know this is an old thread but I thought I would share what I came up with. I bought an identical flap for my SKS. I cut one down smaller which will stay riveted to the tunnel. Then I cut the top off the other for an extension. I left enough to over lap the two so the extension spoons into the shorter one. I am using 1/4”-20 knobs to connect the two together.

My next step is to mount some hyfax in the t-tracks on the tunnel and drill/tap so I can screw the flap extension to the hyfax with the knobs when not in use.

I have not used this setup yet so please poke holes in it and tell me what I am not thinking of.

1st Pic

2nd Pic

jtpolaris

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
ND
www.dirtracing17.com
That looks great! Do you mount yours to the tunnel?
Yeah I have a buckle strap that goes around my tunnel bag that it ties down with. I have a couple grommets in the strap also so it also bolts to the strap. Also for the bolts I used stud t nuts so I don't need any tools to take it off.

Premium Features