• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Judged Helmet, Goggle, and Glove review.

Ace Freely

Lifetime Membership
Jul 6, 2002
Wenatchee, WA
I was hesitant to purchase the Judged Gear, as I hadn't seen, tried on, or felt their gear. But I did, and here are MY thoughts....

HELMET...I wanted a light helmet. I saw advertised that the Judged Helmet was 950 grams...one of the lightest on the market. My last helmet was a Motorfist Helmet, size XL. Previous to that was a 509 helmet, also an XL. So I order an XL. Shipping was fast from Maine, and when I opened the box, my initial reaction was DAMNNNN...nice looking lid! I didn't find any flaws, and holding the MF in one hand, and the Judged in the other, the Judged felt lighter. I haven't weighed them, but in a "blind taste test" (having someone mix them up, and place one in each hand, I always chose the Judged). The real test came this last Friday, when I wore it for the first time. I wear a 7 3/8 fitted cap, and a Klim head sock. I also shave my head. The fit was just right, and was the most comfortable helmet I have worn to date!

GOOGLES...coming from the 509 Aviator, the Judged Googles fit the Judged Helmet perfectly! No complaints, and no fogging, and we were riding in 5ft visibility fog for the first 20 minutes. I noticed more foam on the goggle, which I think contributed to the good fit, and lack of fogging up.

GLOVES...they offer 2, and I don't know which one I got. I have ridden in the Klim Gaunlet style glove, size XXlx for the last 4 years. These I ordered in XXL, as I like a looser fit. They stayed dry in the wet powder, and we had multiple stucks! Usually, on the way home, I trade out my Klims because they are soaked through. Didn't need to with these! Looked to be well made, but time will tell!

In summary, I was looking for EXCELLENT quality gear, that not everyone else on the hill was wearing, with REASONABLE prices. The Judged Gear EXCEEDED my expectations, and I would recommend their Helmet, Google, and Gloves to other sledders.

Btw, I'm not sponsored by Judged, nor was paid for my opinion.

Ace

Premium Features