• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 skidoo summit 800r ptek reeds

A
Jun 6, 2009
Eagle Bend, MN
Im putting boyesen reeds in my skidoo 800r ptek and im putting a timbersled air filter kit in it. Now the boyesen says i should jet my sled down one side but im wondering if i shouldn't jet it down cause timbersleds air filter kit says the white adjuster on the carb should get turned out a 1/4 turn so should i just do both and see how it runs?

F
Nov 26, 2007
Minnesota
The white adjuster is the fuel screw. Most, if not all XP's can be set between 1 1/2 to 2 turns out. They are lean on the low speed stock.

Mine are at 1 3/4 but my motor is 99% stock:)

This will affect low speed response and "driveability"

With what you are doing I would leave the jetting stock and turn the fuel screws out and see how the low speed/throttle response is.

D
Jan 26, 2011
Northern BC
Boyesen's tech advised -

Main 450-460
Pilot 15
Fuel screw 3/4 turn out from seated

*this is for a stock engine. He also advised, if your engine is not stock, start with what you have, provided it was jetted well. Make adjustments from there. Always better a bit rich than lean and suffer a melt down.

I went with 460 mains and the 15pj, screw at 3/4 as suggested and am now playing with the fuel screw to clean up the bottom end. All seems fine with plug readings. My elevation is 2500 - 6000'

D
Jan 26, 2011
Northern BC
Yeah, jetting is an interesting scenario when you start doing multiple mods in one effort.

How was your jetting before? Is that stock? 470main - 17.5pj - fuel screw 1 3/4 turns out? I think that's stock spec.

If that was running a nice plug color, I'd stay there as it should be safe. Far better a bit fat than lean. My bet is it'll run okay, but you'll tune it leaner a bit.

I just can't say go leaner to XXXX jets and then BOOM! That's your call.

MtnRidr4Life

Lifetime Membership
Sep 10, 2008
Fargo, ND
Main Jet size

The dealer and the microfiche are both saying stock on the mains are 480's and pilot is 17.5

Just pulled mine apart and found 470's, but the guy before me had both a pipe and can on it. Anyone have an idea what the stock mains actually are? Common sense would prob say 480 are stock being that's what the dealer and the microfiche are saying.

Last edited:
Premium Features