For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
General Snowmobiling Snowmobile related topics only

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 02:28 PM
Currently: Not set.
yammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hmk and fxr top line boa boots

Holy $hit these things are expensive. I thought klim was proud of their stuff. I have klim radium gtx's now and like the stiffness and the dry feet every ride but hate lacing them up and they do loosen up during the day sometimes.

Anyone have any real world experience with them. I am talking about the hmk pro focus boa and the fxr mountain light focus boa. Both with around $380 list prices. That's a lot of $$. They better be dam good. Leaning towards the hmk because of the waterproof AND breathable but open to others experiences.

Might not do anything in the end for that much lol.

My sled isn't fat she has curves

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 11-24-2013, 03:52 PM
zblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond reputezblink has a reputation beyond repute

I don't have either of those boots but I wear Vans Cirro Boots with an Upper and Lower BOA and I can attest to the BOA system.

1. It stays where you set it and can easily tighten and release

2. I busted a knob on one of the boots and with an email to BOA it was no questions asked quick replacement (they were 3-4 years old)

Definitely my next pair of boots WILL have a BOA system
https://www2.boatechnology.com/warranty.php

Old 11-24-2013, 04:22 PM
Currently: Going on hiatus
Thanked 1,035 Times in 572 Posts
rmscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond reputermscustom has a reputation beyond repute

I went with the HMK boa focus last year. I liked the fit, support and boa system but the boot was way to warm for my feet and everyday would be soaked with sweat, also developed a horrible funk. I also had holes in both soles in less than 25 rides.

Old 11-25-2013, 04:51 PM
Currently: Slingin Sled Gear
Blown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond repute

We have used both pairs last year for around 5-7 days each. Both are near identical boots. The both work super well and you can really crank these things down to get the most ankle support in the industry. For some people they have too much support though, and some people are scared of fastening systems like BOA or Buckles etc, as any sort of fastener can break at any one moment and then you are SOL in the back country. If laces wear out, you have seen them wearing generally and just chose not to replace them in time, and lace up boots generally can be make shifted to work for the day. But to answer the original question both work awesome, our thumbs up goes to the FXR on this particular boot as it is a bit lighter.
#1 IN SNOWMOBILE GEAR & CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AT BLOWNMOTOR.com
Customer Support or Questions? 801.568.6686 Support@BlownMotor.com

Carrying and Stocking the top brands in the Industry!
Klim, MotorFist, 509, BCA, TOBE, SnowPulse, Fly, HMK, and many More!

The Following User Says Thank You to Blown Motor For This Useful Post:
tadder52 (11-26-2013)
Old 11-25-2013, 05:06 PM
Currently: experiencing Silber turbo permagrin
Thanked 6,598 Times in 2,362 Posts
tudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond reputetudizzle has a reputation beyond repute

I rocked my HMK voyagers with the BOA for 50 days last year...no issues.

Its less expansive then the HMK Team BOA boot and has less insulation. I found it the perfect riding boot.

Once you go BOA you will never go back!

I bet www.blownmotor.com even has them in stock!

Old 11-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Powder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond reputePowder Man has a reputation beyond repute
Default Hmk and fxr top line boa boots

I like the motorfist stompers, but a boa set up would be sweet on them.

Last edited by Powder Man; 11-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.

Old 11-26-2013, 12:29 AM
Currently: Hello Drama and Karma...you related?
Climbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond reputeClimbmax has a reputation beyond repute

FXR Tactic with Boa......love 'em. Never really thought I would look at the Boa system. But once I cranked them up I was sold. Sure is nice at the end of the day as well when you just want to get out of your gear and kick back.
Cheers
RS

2008 Nytro, 270 MCX pump fuel, 174 x16x 2.5", Racers Edge Skid, CR chasis, ZBroz Front end and Shocks

Apex with MCX front mount, Full CR chasis, 174 x16 X 2.5", Racers Edge skid, Boost It fuel system

AST1

Old 11-26-2013, 07:47 AM
adairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond reputeadairtd1 has a reputation beyond repute

This will be my 3rd season with my pair of HMK pro boa focus boots, and they have been fantastic. They still look new, except the soles (my airframes took care or those), are very warm and stay tight. I will never go without a boa system in any future boot I may buy

Old 11-26-2013, 09:45 AM
Currently: LURLURLUR
Carbon77 has disabled reputation

Amazon has them for the cheapest I've seen anywhere: http://www.amazon.com/HMK-Focus-Snow...=HMK+pro+focus

Old 11-26-2013, 10:27 AM
Currently: is it winter yet?
Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,420 Posts
Wheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond reputeWheel House Motorsports has a reputation beyond repute
Old 11-26-2013, 07:13 PM
superfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond reputesuperfly333 has a reputation beyond repute
Warning You Must be a registered member and logged in to view this response.

Click Here to Register

Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Currently: weknowsnow.com
Basic Member
black swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond reputeblack swan has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 PM
Currently: Slingin Sled Gear
Blown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond reputeBlown Motor has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-27-2013, 01:25 PM
Currently: Waking Winter
Basic Member
dan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond reputedan8485 has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-28-2013, 04:44 PM
yammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond reputeyammi4ever has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register

Old 11-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Currently: Thrill Seeking
BrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond reputeBrandonH has a reputation beyond repute

Click Here to Register