• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

A Arm fell apart, Polaris won't cover

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
look what I started...

spoke to the dealer today, he's gonna call the rep and try everything to get it fixed.. the dealer is 100% behind me on this which is cool

backcountryislife

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Dumont/Breckenridge, CO
I agree some guys have their blinders on no matter what the brand, I admit I'm a Poo convert.
How are your Diamond Drive Bearings, Steering posts, and 2ndary clutches holding up? Each manufacturer has their weaknesses.

IMO the stock A Arms are about equal strength...A STICK OF WARM BUTTER:)

FCR, IMO you're full of "poo" on that one. Th proclimb A arms are WAY stronger than the polaris arms, which is AWESOME, because then it does about $1000 in damage instead of just bending the butter arms.:face-icon-small-sho I know 3 people just in our area that have done the same damage from a boring ol ski hit to a rock or stump under the snow... lower frame & panel assy (and a number of other parts)... basically taking out the structure of the front of the sled from something that should have cost a lower A arm.

The idea of someone talking about how much "better" the PC is than the pro IMO is some laughable stuff. The PC was SOOO great that it got me, a pretty die hard cat guy, a mod on a cat forum, to switch to doo, when I already OWN a PC! Yep... they're THAT good:face-icon-small-win

Poo's business practices though, are what kept me away from buying the sled I wanted to... I've just seen too much BS from them. arms, belts, tps, motors... and they do their best to deny anything they can.

F

FCR112

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Feb 1, 2008
Hey Bcil, He rides a 2008 M not a proclimb ya goober;)
It's early so I'm resorting to name calling...

I'm with you on the warranty and Poo's poopy business practices, not very good at all.
Hopefully the op gets taken care of and it obviously should have been handled much quicker.

Last edited:
A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
HOW DARE YOU!!!!

btw, wasn't referring to his sled... I was speaking in basic generalities of Poo & Cat:party:

No one really cares about the Proclimb, we're talking about Pro's falling apart under normal riding conditions and Polaris won't fix the JUNK!:mmph:

Last edited:

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Wow sounds like a bunch of you should jump on a XM LOL. Haven't heard anything wrong with them, and no glued parts LOL!!!
Sorry I'm just a lurker so I will go back to my own side now.
But really guys when is enough enough?

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
No one really cares about the Proclimb, we're talking about Pro's falling apart under normal riding conditions and Polaris won't fix the JUNK!:mmph:

That's just it. Do you own a Polaris Pro? You always seem to show up to tell us they are junk. Maybe your mother's brother's cousin rides one and that is your experience. How does you coming here telling us that they are junk help the guy with the initial post? It doesn't. You're just here to be a malcontent and give out bad rep to peeps. You say I always have something to say to you? That's because you never quit bashing the Pro. Stop already, we get that you don't ride it and don't like it. I don't have blinders on. If money allowed I would have bought a XM to go with my Pro. I'll switch any given year but I like the Pro right now. And I have never lost a motor or crank on my two Pros. One belt went and my dealer took care of it after hours that day so I could ride the next day - under warranty.

Mtn. Muncher

Premium Member
Feb 21, 2010
Not to be rude but when you guys finely figure out that Polaris won’t fix your sled. Please keep in mind that we have the fix for a reasonable price. $400 USD for the set of 4 to Snowest readers.
Here is the link for our stock replacement A-arms (3rd product down on the page). http://timbersled.com/polarisPro.htm

Allen from Timbersled

snowracer21

Lifetime Membership
Dec 10, 2012
update:

Dealer called me, they talked to their Sales Rep at Polaris, he's dumbfounded Polaris won't cover the repair, but there is nothing he can do about it.

looks like I'm buying a pair of A Arms that will hold together. VERY upset with Polaris. It would have cost them a few hundred dollars to keep their customer happy. But they refused.

Jay

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Smithers, B.C.
Actually he could eat the repairs himself, he shouldn't have to but some dealers would. Read mtn. muncher's post, there's your solution. Polaris doesn't give a damn about their customers, they don't have to. They can't build pros fast enough to keep up to demand, there is absolutely no incentive for them to spend money on warrenty issues for you because three more guys just bought their product. They are laughing all the way to the bank.

A

ACMtnCat

Nov 26, 2007
Utah
Well...? that pretty sucks!

Glued A-arms..... Brilliant!

Deny warranty.... Brilliant!

Customer buys replacement A-arms and shock..... Brilliant!

Polaris is laughing all the to the bank.:face-icon-small-hap

Super easy for them to fix this, but why? Ten more of you blind fools just bought a new one with the same false warranty.

Sorry for the bad luck Snowracer..:face-icon-small-con Looks like Timbersled has the fix for your glued JUNK!

snowman80

Lifetime Membership
Sep 18, 2011
ND

Super easy for them to fix this, but why? Ten more of you blind fools just bought a new one with the same false warranty.

Sorry for the bad luck Snowracer..:face-icon-small-con Looks like Timbersled has the fix for your glued JUNK!

Why do you feel the need to comment on this? If you don't like the sled that's fine, you don't have to ride one. I reed through the proclimb section and reed about guys blowing a drive belt in under 100 miles and you don't see me over there commenting on what pieces of junk they are. Then I go to the xm side and reed about some guys not being able to hold rpm, and the occasional tmotion breaking, once again I'm not over there commenting. You act like polaris is the only ones have problems but I hate to break it to you, they're not.

Last edited:

Reg2view

Lifetime Membership
Feb 1, 2010

Yep, poo can suck, too. And I DO own poos, and other brands. You didn't mention the the blown M bulkheads, broken steering posts, the timely DD explosions, fragile 800ho and 1000 clutch springs, the proclimb's appetite for belts, chaincases, reverse lockout/in - want me to go on? - and LOTS of rational po'ed kitty riders who were not made whole by TuffRubberBalls. It happens Forest. You're the same blind fool with the same false warranty, with a different name in the title. Earth to a green JUNK rider - Poo doesn't have the monopoly on stiffing their customers. Boy, that was fun...

Last edited:

YAMA S

Lifetime Membership
May 16, 2012
W. Wa.
SMALL CLAIMS COURT.....

update:

Dealer called me, they talked to their Sales Rep at Polaris, he's dumbfounded Polaris won't cover the repair, but there is nothing he can do about it.

looks like I'm buying a pair of A Arms that will hold together. VERY upset with Polaris. It would have cost them a few hundred dollars to keep their customer happy. But they refused.

If just a couple of you guys would grow a set and take this company to court MAYBE they would make more of these claims right. If it was me I'd call my dealer to have him inform Polaris if they don't cover this you'd have no other choice but to take them to court. If they don't jump, sue them..... What the hell do you have to lose beside some time invested.

I'm not into suing companies over nothing... But come on somebody has to hold their feet to the fire.

Or you can just let them keep on wearing their favorite T-Shirt... I'll bet they all wear these under their suits & ties!!

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]
fo450.jpg

;)
[/FONT]​

Last edited:
M

Mech Engr

Sep 27, 2010
Mountains
a arm

This is probably a silly question but...

Where are the arms glued? I just bought a new 2012 800 Pro RMK 163 and the arms looked like they were welded together to me but I must admit I haven't taken a real good look at them yet. I have a background in materials science and bonding hi-tec materials and may be able to help if I can understand the design and where they are coming apart.

John

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
This is probably a silly question but...

Where are the arms glued? I just bought a new 2012 800 Pro RMK 163 and the arms looked like they were welded together to me but I must admit I haven't taken a real good look at them yet. I have a background in materials science and bonding hi-tec materials and may be able to help if I can understand the design and where they are coming apart.

John

The 12's are not glued, that started with the 13's.

T

trackvs2wheels

Nov 26, 2007
Monument, CO

Adhesive bonded suspension components

By using technology to improve our manufacturing, we continue to build lighter stronger sleds. Bonded Lower Control Arms featuring forged aluminum ends and steel tubing. This process makes for a set of control arms that are 2 lbs. lighter as well as stronger.

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
update:

That's just asinine. I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to buy another Polaris. I just felt that since they already had a recall on the arms they would take care of it. It seems your dealer didn't step up in the first place and Polaris made their mind up.

I have the Zbroz arms and got a great deal from BostonRacing on them. I never rode a single mile with the stockers but that was because I wanted my X1's from my 2011 to work on my 2013 so I did new a-arms and sold the OEM's. Good luck.

Premium Features