• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

3" Track for the Pro

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I just received an e-mail from Tracks USA that states, they are not aware of Camoplast producing an X3 center ported track.
9220M-15x162x3 is available now
9271M-15x174x3 available this fall
neither is center ported

Is Avid or Carl's going to do the porting?

If I recall, a min. order of 500 tracks was required from Camoplast.

After my post I called AVID, and his response is that Camoplast will produce a center ported X3- 15 wide X 156 and 162.

Last edited:

die hard poo

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2008
Kenai, AK
So is this new center punched X3 going to be 3.0" pitch? I may have to try this if I feel a need...

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
Heres the info on the X3's for this season.

All are 3" pitch.

Models will include the
156" x 15" x 3"

162" x 15" x 3"

174" x 15" x 3"

162" x 16" x 3"

174" x 16" x 3"

Robbies drivers (above) are cool in that they do not require you to cut your rails.

This would be a "bolt-on" mod that will give you, IMO, the best bang for the buck out there.

List prices will be similar to what you've seen last year at around $1000 for the track.

The configuration of the track has yet to be finalized as to weather or not the center window configuration will be used... If not, then you will need to use the Avid Products AC sytle combo driver, as the X3's will not have the large involute nubs on the outside of the rail... they will have the lighter/smaller guide Nubs from the new design tracks.

Last edited:

Bushwacker1

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2008
Wisconsin
Anti stab kits

At one time there was a lot of talk on the forums that if you went to a 3" pitch that you need to run anti stab kit even if you are running involute drivers. The guy from ice age rails also told me this when I ordered rails from him. If it was because you have to cut the rails for extroverts I get that part, but there seemed to be a concern when rails were not cut with the involutes. I don't see the center extrovert offering any anti stab protection, just anti slip insurance. Has something changed ? Did I get sold a set of anti stabs when they were not needed ?

TRS

Life Member
Lifetime Membership
Dec 1, 2007
Cody, WY
I guess we will see if they'll be available with a center window.

If not, I am going to modify my old jig to punch a center window. I may even clip it.

IMG_3905.jpg

M

minet

Nov 26, 2007
drivers

could anyone tell me from experience if they need 7 tooth drivers for an M series with the x3?

pros cons to running 7 or 8 tooth(stock)?
thanks

gunnerthesnowman

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Red Deer , Alberta
For the 7 tooth on a chaincase equipped sled...you have to mod the chaincase to run the 7 tooth drivers.

LH.. I hear ya on the smaller driver thing... but this has become much less of an issue since the introduction of the drum-molded tracks and even more with the single ply tracks.... more durable and turn easier...
BUT... yes a larger driver will turn easier than a smaller driver... the degree of difference has changed in recent years.

Run the track with near factory tension and do not be tempted to run it with any "free hang" distance between the rails and track.

The X3's have proven to be a very durable track... much more so than the platten-molded previous models (which include the current 156" platten-molded). The platten molded tracks do not turn as easily as drum-molded... which is why Camoplast is moving towards all drum-molded tracks (HUGE retooling costs).

Heres the info on the X3's for this season.

All are 3" pitch.

Models will include the
156" x 15" x 3"

162" x 15" x 3"

174" x 15" x 3"

162" x 16" x 3"

174" x 16" x 3"

Robbies drivers (above) are cool in that they do not require you to cut your rails.

This would be a "bolt-on" mod that will give you, IMO, the best bang for the buck out there.

List prices will be similar to what you've seen last year at around $1000 for the track.

The configuration of the track has yet to be finalized as to weather or not the center window configuration will be used... If not, then you will need to use the Avid Products AC sytle combo driver, as the X3's will not have the large involute nubs on the outside of the rail... they will have the lighter/smaller guide Nubs from the new design tracks.

Hi , on my 2012 163 800 pro ,I installed a CE 2.5" 3" picth ( 16w cut to 15W ) with 8 tooth extrovert , cut my rails and installed a antistab kit , works very well .
This summer I am installing a 2013 Pro big bore motor in my 2012 sled , thinking about going to the 3' CE , but have some ?,s
1) I have to run a 7 tooth driver ( does my chain case have to be moded as stated above by MH )2) If I run this new centre punch track ( 162x3x3 ) with Robbies new 7 tooth drivers , can I still run my cut rails with the anti stab kit

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
ANY 7 tooth driver needs the chaincase mod.. The track hits the case, not the driver when not cut.

If you send it in to FTX for the service... do it now.. dont wait till the season starts or you may be waiting a long time.

The arctic-cat style extros that you will need to run with the X3 would be the choice if you still want to cut the rails and run the Anti stab wheels.

I'll be running the new X3 156 on my new 2013 RMK holdover, FTX chaincase mod and the AVID-products 7 tooth, 3" pitch, "Power Claw" drivers and IceAge anti stab kits.

There are some builders that believe that cut rails and extroverts are a problem or you loose efficiency and they have a lot of experience behind them. For me, this trimmed rail and extro setup never has caused me any issues.

The "new" center tooth driver set is ONLY needed if you dont want to cut your rails for more of a "bolt on" mod.
The PC style drivers are lighter than the new one above to boot.

Personally I see no drawback to cutting the rails and running an anti stab kit for good measure.

https://www.avid-products.com/store/ProdDet.cfm?ProdID=132

arric%20101.jpg

This type of Avid driver will not work with the X3 as there are no drive lugs on the outside of the windows (only small guide lugs). Cutting the small nubs inline with the windows and running this type of driver is a poor idea.

Polaris_driver.jpg

Last edited:

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
So I see some guys trimming / cutting the rails and others do not. I assume on the 13 and 14 Pro models with quick drive, you don't have to?

I've got a 14 coming and already purchased an X3 track (9220). My plan was to install the track, anti stab, 7 tooth drivers, and do some clutching.

Do I have to cut / trim the rails?????

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
7 tooth "Power Claw Style" drivers for the Polaris.

Available in both the splined and 2013/14 PRO RMK shafts.

This is the driver that is required to run the X3 track on the Polaris PRO-Chassis RMK's without a drop and roll.

picture.php

picture.php

FatDogX

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
ND
Yes, with the 9220 you need to cut the rails since you must run the AVID "power claw" drivers only with that track...the teeth will not clear the rail tips.

Thanks!!!!!!

Any recommended amount to cut off???

P

paulharris

Dec 12, 2007
Colorado
still trying to get an answer to this question:

what is the difference between this "X3" track and the new 3" track that camoplast released last year? just the center drive holes? don't recall them calling it an "x3" last year. is it the same track?

Robbie

Premium Member
Dec 23, 2007
3" track for the Pro

still trying to get an answer to this question:

what is the difference between this "X3" track and the new 3" track that camoplast released last year? just the center drive holes? don't recall them calling it an "x3" last year. is it the same track?

The "x3" track is the same as last year. Just more options. Center drive and 15" widths are available in 156 and 162" lengths. The X3 has a different paddle design from the previous 3" paddle tracks. The older design I don't believe is available in the 162" length any more, just the 174".

Last edited:

tdbaugha

Lifetime Membership
Apr 18, 2009
USA
Can we get a list of experiences on the center drive vs non center drive? Other than you have to trim your rails on the non center drive? There must be reasons to justify the added production costs to add the center drive holes...

Last edited:
Premium Features