• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Error code 17??

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Well i have a 09 CFR with a 800sx mod top, thing rips hard for a pump gas motor, but this code came up now I have a really bad low end bog. And it still goes wild if I hold it WOT all the time.

But I understand its the Pipe temp sensor, and there like $200 bucks. I remember reading a while back but forgot to mark the part number down on a chevy sensor that ppl say are the same? Any one help me out? Would like to order a few before.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Well i have a 09 CFR with a 800sx mod top, thing rips hard for a pump gas motor, but this code came up now I have a really bad low end bog. And it still goes wild if I hold it WOT all the time.

But I understand its the Pipe temp sensor, and there like $200 bucks. I remember reading a while back but forgot to mark the part number down on a chevy sensor that ppl say are the same? Any one help me out? Would like to order a few before.

Just paid $43 for the chevy sensor. I have four rides on it and it works just fine. (Now I might have got the good buddy discount on this one, but it shouldn't be over 75 from chevy)

Thunder

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Do you know the pin # on it so I can order a couple up? And did it just plug in or did you have to change the connections?

You have to cut the factory plug from the factory sensor and then splice it with the Chevy one.

I just used standard male and female connectors. The colors of the stock wire and the chevy wire are the same. White and grey, just match them up and go.

By using the connectors you don't have to keep cutting off a butt connector each time and loosing wire on your factory plug.

Thunder

R
Dec 6, 2010

Hey there had same prob with a 2011 m8. The problem was just a loose connection in the male and female plugs going to the sensor. I simply cut the connector out and soldered the wires together. 500 miles later still no problems.
Hope you get it working.

F
Dec 10, 2007
Yellowknife, NWT
Yup I got mine working, it was a little lose and modified it alittle and a zip tie. Now im having a bottomend bog problem im hoping a timing key will work out as my boon docker settings are far far lower then I would have ever though it would be.

A

Arctic Thunder

Dec 7, 2001
Lewiston, Idaho
Yup I got mine working, it was a little lose and modified it alittle and a zip tie. Now im having a bottomend bog problem im hoping a timing key will work out as my boon docker settings are far far lower then I would have ever though it would be.

Are you sure your not lean?

Thunder

Premium Features