• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2014, WHAT WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE... PREDICTIONS... RUMORS.

R

rmscustom

Jun 8, 2010
360lbs, 165hp and 300% stronger... And of course the most flickable sled ever built.

turbo RMK

Lifetime Membership
Feb 24, 2009
Alberta
I am really hoping to see the fst motor or something better four stroke in the pro chassis with out gaining weight it's going to happen I just hope it's sooner than later

800dragon_rmk

Dec 3, 2007
Dawson creek B.C, Canada
I wouldnt mind seeing a 4 stroke motor in the pro chassis, belt drive problems fixed, steel driveshaft. 174 factory option??? I would love to see how it would go with a little work done to it.

A

aebsledder

Jan 16, 2008
Gallatin Valley
huh

These threads are almost as interesting as the threads that get started when they actually release a new model and everybody speculates how they will perform. I guess if I actually cared all that much I would search the old threads on the 2013 and see how that panned out. I do remember a thread that showed a log jammed between the track and the bulkhead and everybody talked about how "tough" the sled was. I know there was some speculation about the durability of the drive belt, which has proven to be warranted.

Let's see...2014? BNG's and a couple of parts that claim to be "strengthened".

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
go back to the chaincase, clearance for a 3" lug track, more power.... nice one piece titanium driveshaft like I use on the old racing edge chassis.

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
The best way for Polaris to sell some more sleds....

Make the "Most flickable" sled on snow, the most RELIABLE sled on snow.

Reliability has hurt Polaris for many years, they need to do much better for the price they are charging.

As to realistic predictions: Slightly modified drive shaft and belt drive designs, otherwise just B.N.G.

Last edited:
P

poo18

Nov 27, 2011
A factory 900 that runs good and doesn't have the issues as the 900s from previous years. And a 16 wide track !

machinest660

Lifetime Membership
Dec 7, 2008
Saskatchewan Canada
A 660 based of the carles cycle motor, better drive shaft, better shocks with more adjustability, factory venting so we dont have to drill holes in our new sleds, I also like the aftermarket track options as not all of us ride the same kind of snow conditions. :face-icon-small-hap

R

racerjb

Nov 26, 2007
Portland, OR
www.cobemotorsports.com
I predict just some minor refinements with some major refinements to the quick drive system.

I know Polaris doesn't really push the big HP and every time they do it doesn't turn out well (900, Storm, ultra, etc) but I would like to see a 4 stroke Turbo, 170-180 hp stock, chain case, 480lbs, with a solid motor that can be easily tuned aftermarket to 215-250hp. I have never been a cat guy and have always rode Polaris but I have enjoyed riding my buddies 13' 1100T. Something like that in a Pro chassis would be awesome!

It is inevitable that 4 strokes are our future so I would like to see some advancements in making them light with power.

Last edited:
Premium Features