• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Drive Shaft Service Bulletin

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You guys can't see it above?

How about now?

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=189743&d=1354587791

attachment.php

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sorry, I had trouble scanning it. Someone pasted it below my 1st post. Thanks. Im not good with computers and my 8 year old is sleeping ;)

Actually, your 2nd post worked fine. In fact, the image is there, no problem.

06redrevx

Lifetime Membership
Dec 3, 2008
I see it now. I thought it was maybe a brand new bulletin.
Thanks

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I see it now. I thought it was maybe a brand new bulletin.
Thanks

Well, it sorta is brand new, as it was dated Friday, Nov 30th. Not sure exactly how timely those get to dealers, but I can imagine they are QUICK.

When would dealers get it once it's gone out (what means do they use to send these?)

Prayn4snow

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Upper Michigan & Alaska
The only way I could get the dealer to find it was to put in a VIN# from a 2013 sled in their system. I am waiting/wanting to buy one so they used the VIN I was looking at.

O

Oregonsledder

Jan 27, 2009
Bend Oregon
I hope there are a lot of guys reading this thread and deciding not to buy a PRO. I read all the "sky is falling stuff" back in 11 and decided to wait until 12 to buy a PRO. Now every one has one! I want to be the cool kid on the mountain... it's hard to do that in these parts... PRO's every where... Damn it, these sleds are junk... don’t buy one... It’s important to me to be different! All I see is PRO’s every where... except being towed back to the trailer..........hmmmm?

tudizzle

Lifetime Membership
Mar 23, 2005
COLORADO
I hope there are a lot of guys reading this thread and deciding not to buy a PRO. I read all the "sky is falling stuff" back in 11 and decided to wait until 12 to buy a PRO. Now every one has one! I want to be the cool kid on the mountain... it's hard to do that in these parts... PRO's every where... Damn it, these sleds are junk... don’t buy one... It’s important to me to be different! All I see is PRO’s every where... except being towed back to the trailer..........hmmmm?

ouch...thats pretty harsh.

Mocking people for having problems with a small but important part of a sled...while you sit on a 12. No wonder you don't understand. :face-icon-small-con

J

Jeff K

Jan 26, 2008
Calgary, AB
I would check your facts again shafts were not in prototypes!!!

I would check YOUR facts again and look at the pictures Mountainhorse posted of the demo sleds during the demo day rides. The demo sleds did in fact HAVE the bonded driveshaft.

Last edited:

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I would check YOUR facts again and look at the pictures Mountainhorse posted of the demo sleds during the demo day rides. The demo sleds did in fact HAVE the bonded driveshaft.

On that ride...where is the picture that Mountainhorse took of the stick jammed in the driveshafton Feb 10th, 2012? If I recall, Phatty was on teh sled when that happened. That sled had MANY MANY miles put on it after that stick was jammed in there.

Lets find that pic and see which shaft is in it.

Premium Features