• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2009 rmk 700 fouling plugs and low idle

M
Jul 29, 2012
ok my brother has an 09 rmk 700 with 3500 miles on it and it has a low idle and when you give the throttle a quick "snap", it fouls the plugs. I figured fuel filter and have a new one coming and going to try, but has anyone else have any issues like this and if so want was the solution.

Thanks ahead of time
Josh

94fordguy

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Yakima, Wa.
My money is definitely on the TPS (throttle position sensor) needing to be re-calibrated.... it can cause all sorts of issues such as the ones you are having. Polaris CFI's are notorious for these getting 'bumped'.

Also try switching from the factory Champion RN57YCC to NGK BPR9ES... my buddy fouled 2 good sets of Champions in 15 minutes 1 time including numerous sets on many trips before that and after he switched to NGK he has only fouled 1 set in the last 3 years.

M
Jul 29, 2012
it has 130 psi in both cylinders, we are using ngk br9es plugs already and ya i did some research and found out that the tps sensor is an issue, so we will bring to are dealer and see what happens thanks for the advice

Premium Features