• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

2013 PRO RMK Rumors

flying frenchman

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Now that most if not all RMKs have been picked at dealers, will they release a few mid-year RMKs.

I'm talking a new Direct Injection motor with increased HP or a 174" Pro straight from the factory.
Any thoughts on what will come out.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
probably a new color choice, 174 's not gunna happen and really not needed for 99% of riders, maybe a few more ponies next year but DI? nope, not for a while. Really no reason to make any big changes at all, best package out there as is, just little tweaks

J

JSun

Nov 26, 2007
Owatonna, MN
I think we are all in for a bigger suprise than "little tweaks".

A new motor wouldn't suprise me, although I'll wait a year to buy again if that's the case.

I want a Pro RMK 144. 425 lbs. dry. Can't be that hard?

Joe

crf118r

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Jan 29, 2008
Eagle, Idaho
I think they are gonna ride the wave for a couple more model years then unveil a new ride with some big changes that they are obviously working on now. That keeps the money flowing in faster than it goes out :light:

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
I really would be shocked to see a factory 2 stroke turbo offered, ur gunna run into the same deal with turbos that sportbikes had,musclecars had ect ect once insurance is not offered for the 430 pound 250 hp sled it tends to kill the project..You have to remember its all about sales here, and anything sold on time must be easy to insure,and not have 50% of the sales get totaled out in the first few months of ownership...lol that being said I would love to see a factory warrented high hp turbo sled, but its going to be a 4 stroke game for the turbos i'm afraid ( can you say 575 pounders..uhg)

T

treedocker

Sep 1, 2010
I told are local polaris rep that my 12 runs way better than my 11 pro he said if you think the 12 runs better than the 11 wait till the 13 comes out, so maybe something cool is on the way.

B

Bacon

Nov 26, 2007
Napoleon, ND
I am guessing that Polaris will stay with this current setup for at least another 3 years. It just costs too much to retool and develop a new chassis. There will be refinements but not a different chassis.

S

sledneck_03

Jan 3, 2009
Saskatoon, SK
I am guessing that Polaris will stay with this current setup for at least another 3 years. It just costs too much to retool and develop a new chassis. There will be refinements but not a different chassis.

for sure the chassis wont change. the motor is good now but im sure they had a new motor in R and D since 08 and learned from the 08-09-10 motor.

T

TGitt

Feb 16, 2009
Logan, Utah
I told are local polaris rep that my 12 runs way better than my 11 pro he said if you think the 12 runs better than the 11 wait till the 13 comes out, so maybe something cool is on the way.
If thats the case, I will be buying a new one from you next year!

M8Chris

Premium Member
Dec 3, 2007
screw 2013 why don't we talk about 2015 if we're starting the rumor talk the first of december..

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
in 09 before I graduated, one of my buddies had an intership at Polaris... He was pretty tight lipped about everything because he wanted a job there but i squeezed some info out of him about the Rush before it was out and he told me wait till you see whats on schedule for 2013. We were talkin about motors because we wanted a sweet tripple again lol, I love how those sound... sooo IF the project stayed on time I'm expecting to see some kind of improved motor come out this year. No idea what it is tho, he wouldn't tell me a thing.

seems a little early for rumor talk already... its not even 2012 yet!

Last edited:

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
It is early for 2013 talk but...I'll bite.

My prediction = An HO motor like Cat did in 2010. Same chassis with little tweaks.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
in 09 before I graduated, one of my buddies had an intership at Polaris... He was pretty tight lipped about everything because he wanted a job there but i squeezed some info out of him about the Rush before it was out and he told me wait till you see whats on schedule for 2013. We were talkin about motors because we wanted a sweet tripple again lol, I love how those sound... sooo IF the project stayed on time I'm expecting to see some kind of improved motor come out this year. No idea what it is tho, he wouldn't tell me a thing.

seems a little early for rumor talk already... its not even 2012 yet!

Interesting.

The twin vs triple trend seems to ebb and flow over time. With the light-weight trend, I don't see triples coming back to mtn sleds. Maybe on the short tracks though.

It is early for 2013 talk but...I'll bite.

My prediction = An HO motor like Cat did in 2010. Same chassis with little tweaks.

Yeah, given Pol's track record...5 years per chassis before a big new one.
Tweeks along the way though. MAYBE an engine surprise.

2XM3

Premium Member
Oct 6, 2008
Bitteroot valley,MT
a factory 1200 triple would be totally sick, better yet a ultra lightweight v-4 like older F1 bikes......

But i'd go over a really nice 1000cc big bore from the factory at about 200 hp.... we shall see what they r up to

A
Jan 30, 2011
Palmer AK
I think we are all in for a bigger suprise than "little tweaks". A new motor wouldn't suprise me, although I'll wait a year to buy again if that's the case. I want a Pro RMK 144. 425 lbs. dry. Can't be that hard? Joe

Same here, I like the 155 so an option with tiped rails or a 144 powder tack option would have been my choice. This is a little tweak but one that many consumers would have liked. I do enough trail riding to the hills that the turned up rails are prefered.
To get off of the pro for a minute, but a better work/ cruiser is needed. I am looking to get the wife a two up cruiser with a 20 wide to tow and Doo wins this market hands down. They have an expedition and a WT with a 550, 600 etec and 600 ACE. A 600 HO poo with a 20 wide that was more like the expedition would be awesome.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
A tripple would be awesome. Would a 1200 tripple two stroke in a Pro weigh less than a 1100T AC PC? I don't know, but its fun to dream! :face-icon-small-coo

Realistically there is probably just some 800 H.O. motor planned that makes 10 more horse than what there is now... nothing earth shattering like Bugito said.

Last edited:
Premium Features