• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Poor man's Nytro tunnel clean-up

S

samsquatch47

Dec 2, 2007
St. Paul, AB
As above. I thought it was such a waste of space where yami had the taillight mounted and ran the wiring on the 2010 Nytro. All that plastic took up a lot of space. I am waiting for an aftermarket small led light to show up, but untill then I did this. Drilled no new holes, just drilled out a couple rivets and removed the reflectors. The factory holes at the back of the tunnel were spaced at the exact measurment as the taillight mount already. I know its not perfect but it was free.:face-icon-small-ton I could have rigged up the factory taillight shroud, but to mount I would have had to drill new holes, and it would have took away some storage area. Just waiting to figure out a tunnel dump exhaust system and picking up a sheet of alum to cover up the holes.

Sorry I couldn't figure out how to put the pics on the page.:face-icon-small-con I attatched a link.

Note: I had to take the pins out of the taillight connector so i could feed the wires through the factory hole in the tunnel. You just use a straight pick and the wires pop right out. Make sure to label what color goes where. :face-icon-small-ton Didn't want to hack up the sled. Also had to drill a small hole in the back of the tailight mount to route the wires so they would reach. The wires were just long enough to connect undernieth.
Guess this is what happens when your bored on a day off. Oh yea the diesel jerry can is just there to show ya a scale on how much room there is now. That is not how I'm gonna haul fuel. Looking at the rotopax can right now.
Cheers:canada:

http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu247/crazyyeti_piitb/Nytro tunnel clean up/

Premium Features