• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Guide service

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
www.laketahoeconcours.com
You make a good point... The forrestry service both here and in Canada frown upon this... some Guides this season are in hot water over this very issue.

If it is for free... no problem.. .if you charge for it... you have to have permits...

I learned a lot about this from Dan Adams and his next level riding clinics... It was an uphill push... but he went to the effort to get his permits and works WITH the FS to make a good operation even better.

There are a lot of permitted guide operations out there... and a lot of non permitted ones as well.

The FS DOES look at this site as do the Customs agents on the Cdn side... Big brother is watching.. and has been. (ouch)

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
Im not shure about the regs in IDAHO but if someone is coming to ID to ride and they need a person to show them around Im shure about anyone from SWF would be happy to take them out,or show them where to ride ect..

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
It IS sad Christopher.

And also sad that it has strong-bi partisan, special interest and Corporate support in this nation.

Sad that Patriot-2 was implemented as a line-item rider compilation during the last administration after our previous house/senate shot it down.

Sad that the current administration has done nothing about it.

Sad that it has been allowed to pick up momentum since Hoover lit the fuse on this.

Sad the power is abused by so many different agencies.

Sad that we have in place for a long while now what Eisenhower warned us so strongly about in his farewell speech to the nation.

But I digress (wink)

Back to the topic...

Im not shure about the regs in IDAHO but if someone is coming to ID to ride and they need a person to show them around Im shure about anyone from SWF would be happy to take them out,or show them where to ride ect..

That IS one of the main things that have made this forum so good for me.. I have been shown around many differnt areas in all the western states and BC that I would have never had access to without Great SnoWest members!!

But I think this is different from a "Guide SERVICE"... A pay for hire type of deal.

If the service has is permitted, I'm sure SWF and Harris Publishing will have no problem in offering this as a reader/community service.

Last edited:

slash

Parts Moderator & Chat Box Cop
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 22, 2008
IDAHO FALLS 83404
I dont think HARRIS PUB would do this the INS for a comp like this would be extreemly high,they would have to have everyone involved coverd incase someone got lost or injured, Just think HARRIS GUIDES LOSE 8 out of 10 in a avalanch BIG lawsuit time.

mountainhorse

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 12, 2005
West Coast
HUH?????

Maybe I was unclear...

I was talking about Harris Pub allowing PERMITTED Guide services to POST on this forum...as compared to allowing non-permitted people to post their offering on this forum.

Embrace the BRAAAAAAP!
Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Where the Buffalo roam
Recommending a paid guide or suggesting a service is good but you can find alot of that in the specific riding area forums. As well a buddy "guide" to show you around.
As M.H. said it is "frowned" upon HEAVILY with SERIOUS fines and penalties if you are caught!

S

snowcross338

Feb 17, 2006
Laramie WY
I like the idea too, Every year I post in a few riding areas about my company, it would be nice to just have a forum section just for guides, resorts, lodges and rental services.

Premium Features