• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

To lift, or not to lift....help me decide

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
what does a lift and tires cost these days. when i was 19 me and my buddy both bought 96 chevs. both put in 6" pro comp lift. i had a red one he had a black one. we were bad azz back then. we paid 4000 total installed. i'am 32 now with 2 kids and would never think about it again. just wheels and next sized bigger tires is what i run now. i still in auw when i see nice lookin lifted truck like the white chev or that silver dodge TITS

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i also love to see a guys truck worth about half of his house. or a big new lifted truck sitting in front of a trailer house LMFAO

Transporter

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Alberta
1000 per corner for 37inch tire and 20 inch rim not top of the line.And about another 7000 for a good 8 inch lift installed with decent shocks.Thats in rip off Alberta.

F
Jun 7, 2008
i also love to see a guys truck worth about half of his house. or a big new lifted truck sitting in front of a trailer house LMFAO

Oh so sorry I didn't buy a $300K house and have a $2000/month payment and not be able to afford to do anything else. At least I'm able to provide and take good care of my wife and daughter and be able to still go have fun. I work hard for what I have and dont appreciate your snide comments! :face-icon-small-fro

T
Jan 19, 2008
Hinton
Yep transporter has the figures right for rip-off Alberta.

I paid 5K for my 8" lift and installed it myself. I just about shat myself when i got the 4500 dollar bill at ok tire for 37" toyo's and 20" ammerican racing wheels powder balanced, mounted and an alighment done on the truck.

And no, the samurai tube buggy is not for sale:D
DSC01014.jpg

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Haha, I have more in vehicles then my house is worth, by far... Didn't realize that made me a bad person! The old saying goes, "You can sleep in the car, but you can't race the house!"... or something like that.
Oh well, house has a double garage which helps with the toys, even though neither truck can fit in it!

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
i wasn't saying there was anything wrong with spending all your money on a truck. just a choice that you made. i love to look at a lifted truck pass me on the highway but the older you get some day you may realize that it wasn't all that practicle

C
Nov 26, 2007
Kootenays!
Fair enough, just the way you stated your opinion in the origional post. And no worries, i dont have to get old...(er) to realize they are impractical. If it was the case, id be driving a smart car. Woudnt need a truck either, sleds impractical so wouldnt need one of those, but would have to figure out the firewood thing! :)

I
Nov 27, 2007
BOISE,ID
I would'nt have it any other way.
Chicks love lifted trucks. Chevys sit retarded stock.

6" Tuff Country w/ 35 DC FC II'S

Rides as good or better than stock.

DSC00693.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

T

theultrarider

Nov 26, 2007
Soldotna Alaska
I would'nt have it any other way.
Chicks love lifted trucks. Chevys sit retarded stock.

6" Tuff Country w/ 35 DC FC II'S

Rides as good or better than stock.

DSC00693.jpg

DSC02972.jpg

DSC02218.jpg

Spoken like a single man. Wait til you get married and have kids. "your chick" will have different priorties then, as will you. Enjoy life while it is still as simple as collecting chicks!

F
Jun 7, 2008
Spoken like a single man. Wait til you get married and have kids. "your chick" will have different priorties then, as will you. Enjoy life while it is still as simple as collecting chicks!

I gotta dissagree...My wife actualy picked my new 12" lifted truck out of about 4 trucks I showed her. Oh and to top it off, I bought it when she was pregnant! And of coarse I insisted on taking the truck just about everywhere cuz of the cool/fun factor. But being the nice guy I am, I bought her a folding step ladder to get in and out. Haha :D

A

andy_09

Dec 6, 2007
Great Falls Montana
lift the bich lol mines lifted 6 inches with a super lift, edhge juice tuner set at 150hp, methanol injection, cold air intake, 5'' turbo back exhaust, and a couple other go fast goodies

new truck.jpg

Blu Du

Premium Member
Feb 19, 2008
Nisswa Mn.
I gotta dissagree...My wife actualy picked my new 12" lifted truck out of about 4 trucks I showed her. Oh and to top it off, I bought it when she was pregnant! And of coarse I insisted on taking the truck just about everywhere cuz of the cool/fun factor. But being the nice guy I am, I bought her a folding step ladder to get in and out. Haha :D

fly guy just curious what does your wife drive

I
Nov 27, 2007
BOISE,ID
Nope, happily married for 17 years ! Two beautiful girls 7 & 11
My wife drives a 04 Hoe Z71 with a 6" Rancho and 35's:D
Thats her in the last pic. No doubt hotter than the truck ! She loves all the attention she gets with her hoe !
My two other rides
P4020002.jpg

p1010072.jpg

P1010016.jpg

Last edited:
B
May 31, 2008
just lift it

i HAVE LIFTED EVERY TRUCK I HAVE OWNED AND HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM GETTING A GOOSENECK/5TH WHEEL TRAILER ON THE BACK OF MINE! i HAVE BUDDIES THAT HAVE STOCK TRUCKS AND THEIR FRONT ENDS WENT OUT ON THERES.

trailer.jpg

M
May 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Yah lift 'er up! My wife wouldn't let me trade mine for stock ( I was being extra cheap and thinking of ways to save some coin )

Cognito lift with good shocks and it rides better than a stock 1/2 chevy.

D

dmkhnr

Nov 26, 2007
NV
I've had lifted trucks since 1995.
My last lift was an 01 Powerstroke with 8" and 37"s.
Finally got tired of the maintenance, worn out parts, bad trailering habits, and dealing with balloon tires.

Bought an 05 Ram Cummins, and took it over to Les Schab the day I picked it up and had them put a nice set of wheels/oversized tires on it keeping the height stock. Even this is expensive as you lose fuel mileage, and replacement tires are expensive and wear out quicker.

My 07 Ram Cummins is BONE STOCK, and thats the way it will stay.
1443953953_e49c2ad2e8_o.jpg

Premium Features