• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Conquer 280 vs Polaris 2.6

Davajn

Lifetime Membership
Dec 29, 2012
Sweden
www.instagram.com
Stock setups work in most snow conditions but there are days that my stock 16 would not go where my 15 would go and it has a 2.4" lug track.

I didnt mean the axys motor is less responsive. But trying to make it "softer" on start/bottom end by clutching it "badly" will not solve it.

The series 5 track is one of the worlds softest track. It has like no forward momentum and only biased towards popup/lift. Series 6 is a more well balanced track imo. It can actually get forward momentum and keep it. While the series 5 is like a purring kitten on a sofa = lazy ;)

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
The series 6 has some of the best flotation you can find. Super playful track, not quite as much bite as the bigger lug tracks but is a monster of a performer in its own right.

Only downfall is wear and tear on the inside, My buddy full clipped is 2.6 and that seem to cure it completely.

The new 850 tracks though come clipped on the paddle so maybe that's the answer.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
So completely opposite? You found the AXYS HO motor less responsive?? You found the rear suspension stiffer?? I did not say the sled gets stuck, my point was that the improvements made by Polaris made this sled different than previous models. Another I forgot to mention was 7 tooth drivers instead of 8. I suppose you think this made it trench less?? Myself and many others went back to 8 tooth to reduce the attack angle. I do like the AXYS but it is very sensitive to small suspension adjustments and it is easy to mess up the performance if you are not aware of what you are doing. My point to the OP was to not write of the stock track until he exhausted the other variables that can make it look bad. Stock setups work in most snow conditions but there are days that my stock 16 would not go where my 15 would go and it has a 2.4" lug track.

The OP doesn’t have a stock track........

It’s a CE2.5..........

J

jim

Nov 26, 2007
Boise
Stock Polaris 2.6 works well. Ridden those a few times.

But doesn't compare to how well the PowerClaw 2.6 floats, especially when you trim the fingers at the outside. I did this on my 2.25 PowerClaw and had a nice improvement in performance.

Powerclaw 2.6 with new drivers and trimmed fingers is a great set-up...especially if you want to float. Only downside is you go faster downhill...but never had an issue personally with that...is not much worse than a standard track.

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
On a side note, there is now a conquer 260 available. It will only go on a 155" sled though. 3.5" pitch.

02sedona

Lifetime Membership
Jan 13, 2008
Reno, NV
Fwiw, i had the stock 2.6, have a x3, and am currently using a camso 280. The 280 after a few hundred miles is softer than the stock 2.6 track. The x3 is the firmest at the knobs. This is not a scientific test of durometers by any means. Just my personal experience with these 3 options. Waiting for Kidwoo to get his powerclaw on to do a comparison. I also havs trs clutching and a bd sidekick so my results may differ from yours. I am happy with my 280 track. We shall see how long it last (stock 2.6 fell apart at 1600k)

aksledjunkie

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2014
Alaska
^^ This has been my experience as well. After a couple hundred miles the 280 is by far softer than the 2.6". Durability wise, I got 1250 miles out of my 2.6" and 1600 miles out of my 280.

Tracks aren't designed to run on trees and I'm constantly spinning against a tree, alders, and branches so in my opinion, I'm getting my money's worth out of the track.

J

Jaynelson

Nov 26, 2007
Nelson BC
Only downfall is wear and tear on the inside, My buddy full clipped is 2.6 and that seem to cure it completely.

The new 850 tracks though come clipped on the paddle so maybe that's the answer.
Just to clarify....all 2019 Axys' (850's and 800's) come clipped on the paddles

Premium Features