For support please email or pm Christopher christopher@snowestonline.com

Upgrade to Premium
Ski-Doo: S-2000 and older 1998 and older, all models in the S-2000 chassis and older chassis models

Share Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2017, 05:17 PM
Currently: Not set.
Basic Member
Jeepermat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 99 670X Summit running away

I have a 670 HO that had some wiring issues when I bought it that prevented it from getting above 3000rpm, I believe it was due to the DESS.
I put a new wiring harness in, and now it runs above 3000rpm fine, however it wont come back down!

Carbs are cleaned, and are moving freely. It idles fine, but as soon as you blip the throttle the rpm's start climbing and wont stop until 8krpm.
When it does this both racks are at the idle position.

I cant find any air leaks, the boots are new. If I put my hand over the carb when it does it to choke it out the rpms will fall pretty quickly, and just come back to idle and sit there. As soon as you touch the throttle it takes off again.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

Rate this post: Yes | No
Old 01-29-2017, 08:47 PM
Currently: project parts searching
olymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond reputeolymon has a reputation beyond repute

Pilot plugged or too small? Slide height is correct after the carb cleaning? Is this sled old enough to have a primer? If so, disconnect it and see if it changes how the idle goes up. It could be siphoning fuel through the primer.

Making JIS screws into junk

Last edited by olymon; 01-29-2017 at 09:10 PM.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful. Rate this post: Yes | No